Watchtower relief effort...

by undercover 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

Jehovahs Witnesses can't wait for the day when Jehovah brings Armageddon and destroys the world, so why would they care about worldly people suffering now?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Funny thing...they hate worldly people...but always want to look "good" to them in the press...

Go figure...

u/d(of the I made the Dubs look "good" class)

• anewme
    anewme

They are probably calling on the local brothers in nearby towns and states to mobilize help to the Witnesses in New Orleans and Biloxi and Mississippi. In 1989 in California we had an earthquake which destoyed the downtown areas of nearby cities and knocked a couple of witness homes off their foundations. The local witnesses gathered donations for the needy witnesses. Everything was free to those who were affected. Affected witnesses doubled up in homes while repairs were ordered by the brothers for any who needed it. In our local paper an article appeared praising the witnesses for rebuilding the home of a witness soon after the earthquake while her neighbors homes sat in ruins waiting for the insurance claim to settle. The article was entitled "The House That Jehovah Built"
    The excess donation material was then donated to the Good Will or some other charity.

The witnesses take care of their own first. But I've heard many stories of charity to outsiders as well, but admittedly not at all on the scale of other churches or charities.

• Mary
    Mary

If you Google "Jehovah's Witnesses + Relief Effort" a message come up saying "You gotta be f**king kidding.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Stevenyc posted this on another thread for what organizations ARE doing something:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency lists these organizations for those seeking to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina:

Donate cash

American Red Cross (800) HELP NOW (435-7669) English; (800) 257-7575 Spanish

Operation Blessing (800) 436-6348

America's Second Harvest (800) 344-8070

To donate cash or volunteer

Adventist Community Services (800) 381-7171

Catholic Charities, USA (703) 549-1390

Christian Disaster Response (941) 956-5183 or (941) 551-9554

Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (800) 848-5818

Church World Service (800) 297-1516

Convoy of Hope (417) 823-8998

Lutheran Disaster Response (800) 638-3522

Mennonite Disaster Service (717) 859-2210

Nazarene Disaster Response (888) 256-5886

Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (800) 872-3283

Salvation Army (800) SAL-ARMY (725-2769)

Southern Baptist Convention -- Disaster Relief (800) 462-8657, ext. 6133

United Methodist Committee on Relief (800) 554-8583

Randy

• delilah
    delilah

Yeah, they'll be giving talks about the welfare of their "brothers and sisters" in these affected areas, and they'll be donating old clothes and maybe some canned goods that they've had hanging around for too many years. The odd elderly person will donate a couple hundred bucks maybe,out of his pension check, and it will be collected and sent to the nearest KH that is sturdy and sound, where the distribution will take place, for their brothers and sisters. They may even help out those that are not JW's, but who live right close by.....it looks good you see. I remember when my KH was built. The house next door was a shambles, and you can't have a beautiful brand new KH sitting next to a decrepid old house. The brothers and sisters went over and painted this house and cleaned up the yard....it was made beautiful in an instant, because of the "love" of the JW's....

Delilah, (sorry, I don't mean to be so cynical, it just makes me ill,)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Jehovah%27s+Witnesses+charities&btnG=Google+Search click me

In my home town of Bangor Maine EVERY church EXCEPT Jehovah's Witnesses have abundant charities.

My mate belongs to the UU church and 45% of her membership fee goes to programs for the poor.

The local Salvation army has a gourmet soup kitchen that feeds many BIG time.

If i beamed down from outer space butt naked and asked for help every church in my town would be there in a heartbeat to help me.

If i knocked on the Bangor Kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses and did the same they would call the cops.

James 1:27 " Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress " Hmmm St James didn't say anything about selling watchtowers

-------------

Watchtower Whistleblower: Danny Haszard Bangor Maine Jehovah's Witnesses are the 'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo
  • DannyHaszard
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot

I was watching FOX news this afternoon and I didn't see the name of the pastor (I was reading one of those trailers going across the bottom of the screen) that was being interviewd, but he was asking that EVERY church, synagogue and religious organization to PLEASE band together to pray for all these people that are going through such a heartbreaking time.

My first thought was I can just BET that no KH's will be doing THAT! Such a selfish religion!!!!!!!!!!

Annie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The JWs do a superb job at helping out... but only their own.

It's their modus operandi, and it's not going to change anytime soon. Their way of rescuing their own is absolutely superb! Even more so if the person happens to be very active and considered a 'pillar' in the congregation or if you're 'well connected' with the heavy ones.

Well, looking at it positively, at least they'll offer some sort of help if only to a chosen few. If every group or religious organization would offer the same sort of help with the same organization as the JWs, the problem wouldn't be as much for the government.

DY - Of the 'thankful for any help at this time' class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit