Another "New Light" or changing their damned story again about reserection

by crinklestein 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yes - according to WTS the free gift has to be earned.

Again, the Greatest Man book:

"If [followers of Christ] are to enjoy his commendation and reward and avoid ... ultimate destruction, they must work ... by having a full share in the preaching work. Are you diligent in this regard?"

HB

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Also, given that we can't say any particular individual will be resurrected, shouldn't we stop handing out the Dead Loved Ones tract ;since we're inspiring false hope in people in an effort to get them to study with us?

Ingenuous,

If they stop handing out false hope they would get very, very quiet, wouldn't they?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am not sure if it is written, but it was always discussed amongst my friends that if a Witness was disfellowshipped or committed suicide they would not get a resurrection. My brother-in-laws grandfather was of the anointed and died in a disfellowshipped state so the family all think he will not get a resurrection (the anointed dont have an earthly hope and he cant go to heaven).

There have been shifts on what happens in a judgement period. But i do think at times it was stated that there is no resurection for those that die in a judgement period, just as the Jews of Jesus time do not get a ressurection.

It is stated that everyone the dies at Armageddon does not get a ressurection. Remember, the only ones to be saved are those the call on Gods name, everyone that follows Babylon the Great will be destroyed. Jesus is separating the sheep from the goats at this time (although the meaning of this also has changed back and forth) If i get a chance i will try to find some supporting quotes.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Current "understanding" (translation: "speculation") is that people are separating themselves right now. Jesus' separating work will come later and will be final.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't think it's lack of works that would prevent someone from being resurrected, it's the lack of appropriate heart condition. In their view, that is.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I am unclear, however, on the status of:

5. "Worldly" people and their children who die AT Armageddon.

6. Children of JW's, unbaptized, who die AT Armageddon.

5) The policy is that they will not get a resurrection. If they did, the whole doctrine would be pointless. If there were no scare tactics,noone would give a shit about being JWs. It`s all about an egoistic hope for "eternal life", no real love for God. That`s where the insanity of the guy preaching to the starter of this thread, comes in. Yes, salvation is free, but "you have to earn it", and by that he means "earn" eternal life. You pay for it, by being an unpaid book-salesman for the WTS. Which is pretty logical,in a sick kind of way, considering this whole death cult was started by lawyers and business men.

6) They "ride on their parents tickets". So if their parents are "good" JWs, their children will enter paradise with them. If they`re not, their kids are going to rot along with them.

Pretty sick, isn`t it. This is the main doctrine, and I don`t think it has ever changed, since they came up with this crap.

And I agree with the comment that dying before Armageddon isn`t a guarantee that you`re gonna get ressurected. I discussed this with an elder once, and I used "extreme" people as an example, like Hitler, Stalin and Judas. He didn`t think any of those guys would get a ressurection. Imagine Hitler as a JW, lol. (Hm, come to think of it, that wouldn`t have been so weird after all...)

• Terry
    Terry

Scam artists contact the unwary and tell them they have won a FREE GIFT and all they have to do to receive the FREE GIFT is wire them money!

The Jehovah's Witnesses run the same scam and call it Jehovah's undeserved kindness.

God provides salvation through Jesus FREE; but, according to Brooklyn, you have to pay up front with works (they'll provide the work!) to demonstrate you deserve the FREE GIFT.

Pardon me, but, how is "free" FREE if you have to DO SOMETHING to earn it?

The resurrection policy is so full of holes it makes Swiss cheese look airtight by comparison.

1.If you don't hear the Kingdom Messege you won't be killed because you haven't chosen as a result of the preaching. No decision=No penalty.

2.If you do listen to the Kingdom Messege and opt out; you die at Armageddon.

However, the gaping hole in this theory is that it makes no sense to LISTEN now to a JW at your door because they might be lousy preachers, inept teachers and that month's Watchtower article may be boring and unattractive. Your trip to the local Kingdom Hall might put you to sleep or give you the distinct impression the brothers and sisters are loony. Consequently, you'd turn down Jah's FREE GIFT of salvation in his TRUE organization and you'd die, baby, die!

Better it would be to ignore the grinning panhandlers with magazines at your door and escape judgement until you are resurrected and have a fresh start with a new body, no Satan and worldy influences gone entirely! Now you'd have terrifically obvious proof positive the messege was 100% accurate because you could SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES!

In other words, the very worst thing you can do is talk to Jehovah's Witnesses!!

Bah, humbug.

T.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I am unclear, however, on the status of:

5. "Worldly" people and their children who die AT Armageddon.

6. Children of JW's, unbaptized, who die AT Armageddon.

The JWs have said that no one killed directly by Jehovah will receive a resurrection, so this would apply to those killed at Armageddon. I suppose then it should also apply to those killed at Sodom and Gomorrah as well then, eh? They flip flopped on that a few times. I suppose they'll be able to flip flop on Armageddon too. Maybe it will be a "major fulfillment" of the previous flip flop.

W

• blondie
    blondie

The general teaching of the WTS is that anyone who dies during a "judgment period" will not be resurrected.

That includes the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, and Armageddon.

Of course we know that the WTS has waffled on Sodom and Gomorrah over the years.

They have also recently adjusted the doctrine recently in regard to the separation of the sheep and the goats, placing that when the great tribulation starts when Jesus appears with the angels to separate mankind and execute the goats. Previously they taught that this separation has been going on since 1914 and that when non-JWs died they would not be resurrected.

But then the WTS designated the 40 year "preaching" period by Jeremiah before 607 BCE as a judgment period as well as the period from 33 CE to 70 CE as a judgment period. But they back pedal on saying that the Jews who died then died forever.

I am not near any WT publications but I think in the most recent WT I have that the WTS leaves Cain off the list of those who will not be resurrected.

I have often used quotes from the WTS publications to show that the WTS policy is that only dedicated, baptized JWs will survive Armageddon. But if you look at the history of the judgment period between 33 and 70 CE, almost 100,000 Jews survived the destruction.

The reason the WTS says people who die before Armageddon breaks out will not be resurrected is not that their sins are forgiven at death but that the judging/separating of the sheep and the goats has been moved to a future time. Otherwise those in Sodom and Gomorrah and the flood who died would qualify for resurrection. Remember that the WTS mades the rules and bends the Bible to fit them.

Interestingly, reading through the Studies in the Scriptures, I discovered that at that time the WTS policy was that Adam and Eve would be resurrected to live on earth, in fact all humans would be and have their first real chance to learn about God and Christ and change their personalities.

The WTS does change their story about resurrection but it is not based on sins being forgiven at death but the changing of when the separation of the sheep and goats occurs. I think that was in 1997 for was who have access to a WT CD or bound volumes.

Blondie

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The current doctrine is that even Dathan and Abiram will get a resurrection since they went down into Sheol.

Makes perfect sense. I must get back to my basket-weaving, they are showing cartoons at 3:00 so I have to hurry. I have to use crayons to draw my letters because I can't be trusted with sharp objects and there is nurse who comes by to wipe the drool from the corners of my mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit