Is this swearing, to a JW?

by wordlywife 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

My daughter has a teddy bear called 'Shizer'

'Bloody' was sort-of allowed in casual conversation when I was a dub, being Aussies & giggly young girls!

I've always sworn like a trooper in private though. It took me a lot longer to get over not being able to stick my finger up at someone, I physically could not do it for years (I know some people would say it's not exactly an attractive skill!) Now I do it frequently & with ease ...

• Es
    Es

absolutely i think its classed as more blashpemous than swearing tho es

• Mary
    Mary

Here's a really good one: The Worldwide Church of God really, really frowed upon the phrase "Jimmeny Crickets", because they said it was just a substitute swearing for "Jesus Christ"........how dumb can you get??

• delilah
    delilah

Growing up, we always said." Bloody hell," Flippin'eck" and " Jesusmaryand joseph." But if mom ever heard, or Grandma, we'd catch it. My sister-in-law always says, "Cheese and rice".....my brother and his friends used to say "sipped" instead of "pissed" and nobody ever caught on.

Delilah

• JW83
    JW83

Here's a hint: if you swear in a different accent, or if you are already British, it doesn't sound as bad!

Example, I have a NZ friend who always says she's 'pussed'

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

cant even say "oh my god" which i say quite a bit. my next favorite thing to say is "jesus h christ" cant wait for the next family reunion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit