Were You Appalled When You First Saw "Life Of Brian"?

by Englishman 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

No wasn't appalled, thought it was one of the funniest films I'd seen. I was a Min Servant at the time as well.

Its also the best "anti-religion" film I've seen. It really showed how men can twist what is said and done to their own versions.

I often use it when speaking to people about what it means to be a Christian.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    I guess you've really let dubdom go, when you can enjoy The Life Of Brian.

I enjoyed that movie before I let dubdom go. Perhaps it's a sign that you will let dubdom go if you can appreciate 'Life of Brian'

"Blessed are the cheesemakers".
    What's so special about the cheesemakers?
    Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

You have to be different!
    [Crowd] Yes, we are all different!

Wonderful!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am a fan of Monty Python but avoided to see this specific movie.

Now, I have it on DVD. It's a classic.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I saw the Life of Brian while I was serving as a Pioneer and a Ministerial Servant. An ex-Bethelite was with me. We laughed our asses off! I highly recommended the movie to a selected few in my congregation, they thought it was great.

My favorite part is when Brian has sex and his mom calls the naked girl a "Welsh Tart" and I could not stop laughing at Pilate, who wepwesented Impewiol Wome and his childhood fwiend, "Biggus Dickus" lisping Thilas the Thadducee Thrangler and Thimon of Thetherea. What a great idea for every Roman official to have a speech impediment.

I love Brian's fathers name, or at least what Brian's mother told him, "Naughtius Maximus"

• Pole
    Pole

How shall we 'f*ck off' oh, Lord?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

[humming softly] Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum de dum . . .

Nina

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I saw that film before I became a jw, and found it hilarious. I saw it again after becoming a jw at an elders house, and he thought it pretty funny as well

• upside/down
    upside/down

All of us at JWD must be.... "SPLITTERS"...

u/d(of the What have the Romans done for us? class)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Mike, I thought you'd started a thread about my life. but it would have been a little bit longer.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No the first time I saw it I was an appointed elder - and I laughed my f-----g ass off. One of the best films of all times - every sperm is sacred

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit