Were You Appalled When You First Saw "Life Of Brian"?

by Englishman 55 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I thought it was hilarous - but I admit it wasnt until the LATE 80's I saw it. It would have probably been way too radical for me in the 70,s (well that and I was more interested in the Magic Roundabout).

I was and AM a total fan of Monty Python.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have loved Monty Python since I first saw them as a teenager in the early 70s.

The only part of the movie that I have seen is the scene where they are going to stone the guy for saying Jehovah. I loved the part where he jumped up down screaming Jehovah. He was going to die anyway, why not irritate your murderers one last time? Very, very funny even to me as a JW.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

This movie is good enough for Jehovah!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I found it the most accurate portrail anyone is likely to make....and hallarious to boot

and my first thought watching it when I was just a non-JW learning, was to think that no one used the name Jehovah but these people knew it... I thought that was too funny and sad at the same time.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I first saw this as a young fading SDA. I loved it then and it remains one of my favourite 3 movies of all time.

Before I saw it there was much controversy on TV among some Christian religions. When I saw it I couldn't understand how Christians could be offended.

My kids first watched it at ages 14 and 10, and love it still. It is unoffensive to Christians, but it certainly makes fun of many religions. I swear it was written with JWs & similar in mind.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I loved the Life of Brian.

My favorite part was, "Are you a virgin?"

I commented on another thread how the JW just always glom onto anyone using the name Jehovah as proof that they are the right religion. They are a bizarre sacred name sect that acts like there is something special or about saying a word.

Any moron can say a word, it doesn't mean God chose you!!!

In that sense they also remind me of another Monty Python bit.

The Knights Who Say Neeeeeeeeeeeee!

That is the JW. The Knights Who Say Neeeeeee of Christianity.

CYP

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i saw it as a jw..

brilliant...

'freedom or crucifixion'

'freedom'

'oh.....oh well away you go then'

'nah..just kidding...crucifixion really'

• Gordy
  • blondie
    blondie

I have enjoyed the Monty Python group's workd for over 30 years, as an active JW. I was not appalled.

Blondie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I am a total fan of Monty Python and Terry Gillian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit