Here is another reason to celebrate on December 25th

by Eyebrow2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just like that time of year, one of the reasons I got married in December. I love the muted sunlight, the early evening hours, the nip in the air, wearing sweaters (and now since moving to Indiana - boots, gloves and hats!), the lights (bulb and candlelights), the smells, and the colors.

I even loved that time of year as a child being raised within the bOrg, because when I was a child my grandmother (on my father's side, she had not yet converted to the watchtower) used to cook for the holidays and had a decorated tree and I got to visit her during Winter Break before I had to go to my jw grandmother's house. I even remember receiving gifts from my aunts before they converted too.

Josie

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I really loved all the feel good commercials they had when I was a kid around xmas time...especially the McDonald ones where people would give out the McD gift certs to the mail man, paperboy etc...lovely little scenes of snowy streets and people shopping.

I actually like going to the mall near xmas time...it is pretty festive. call me crazy..

• La Capra
    La Capra

And everyone can celebrate my birthday too! And this year Christmas occurs during Hanukkah. None of these celebrations are my own, but, I have adopted a personal policy that encompasses the idea of "when in Rome..." If there is something being celebrated by the people around me, I celebrate with them. I've learned a lot about very obscure traditions, silly family traditions, and some very cool traditions from other cultures this way.

What a crock we all were handed to be forced to stifle joy, celebration and ritual. How dead we used to be.

Shoshana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit