Do you think this is tacky and just plain pathetic (Watchtower) ?????

by run dont walk 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• upside/down
    upside/down

Grandstand and Solicit "donations"...

The WTS never misses a promo op...

u/d(of the once heard the deceased referred to as "road-kill" at a Dub funeral class)

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I thought that nothing they did could shock me anymore, but this......well, it makes one wonder how far they really will go to line their pockets. I hope no one gives them a dime

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I think it is extremely tacky and pathetic in this instance to request donation be sent to the JW's. On the other hand, I actualy think it is nice when I see other obits request "in lieu of flower please send donations to ________" because the blank is usually a charity or research organization that affected the persons life/death. So maybe I just don't like the JW's and am more critical.

• chrissy
    chrissy

yeah, its a very common practice now for people to include, within their funeral arrangements, a addendum for donations "to go to charity of choice" rather than dropping dough on perishable flowers. personal choice. but, I hear you, no one here wants to see the wts's wallet get fatter out of it.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Honestly? I think it's tacky. Fortunately, no one is obligated to comply. If it was someone I knew, I'd still send flowers or somesuch. It's one thing when a charity is being benefited. It seems to me to be a completely different matter when it's an organziation using the funds for their personal self-interests, which may well conflict with the interests of those whose money they take.

But, then, we already know the Org thinks enough of themselves that they've joined the United Way as a charity.

BTW, is "World Wide Work of Jehovah's Witnesses" the exact name the check is to be made out to???

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

When my grandpa died, I went to the funeral home. An elder gave a talk, and I swore I was sitting at the sunday meeting. Hardly anything was mentioned about my grandpa, but all about the new system, armagedon, an so on. I was so mad! But that is plain pathetic!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Etiquette gurus will tell you it's against etiquette to mention flowers/donations in an obit. It's ok to mention the family's favorite charity, but not to mention or ask for donations.

Flowers or donations in someone's memory is just like a gift. They are not required in the 1st place so it's rude to dictate to people what to give or where to give it.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    donations "to go to charity of choice"

Since when is the WTS a "charity" ?

They do NOTHING for anyone...even their "own"...

u/d

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

U/D:

The WTS would beg to differ:

http://www.unitedwaysb.org/help_agency.html

• Preston
    Preston

The JW Reasoning: "We do not want to give attention to people's lives, we give glory to God, not people."

The Real Reasoning: "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit