Being pressured to goto meetings,

by crankytoe 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Hi everyone, all I wanted was a bible study, now we're at the point where we read 2 chapters in knowledge book, and the discussion turns to how I forsaking the inciting with others to worship,(something like that)

Is there anything I can say to get them to accept that I'll go when/if I feel like going?

This past weekend, they kept asking me what obstacles were in my way, I said I haven't had time, they go yeah you say that but there has to be something else,

I say no really, just haven't had time - Next we have to read all these scriptures

I keep having to hear about how much holy spirit is directing everyone there, -

Is there any tactful way of getting them to back off? I don't want to just say I'm not so sure the org is spirit directed, I'd like to use a logical line of reasoning,

Thanks again,

crank,

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    Is there anything I can say to get them to accept that I'll go when/if I feel like going?

To the dubs the meetings are their whole lives. There's nothing you can say to get them to accept anything but attendence three times a week, plus door to door, plus....

• Sassy
    Sassy

Don't let them pressure you. If they think it is working they will keep it on you and bring it on stronger!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Is there any tactful way of getting them to back off?

A.: No.

• rebel8
    rebel8

How about, "Thank you for your concern and advice. I have thought about it carefully and decided I am not yet read. I will let you know when I am. In the meantime, I'd appreciate not having to talk about it. I am feeling pressured and that concerns me."

Or better yet, "I am quitting my study. Please do not contact me again."

• carla
    carla

Don't they tell you the Holy Spirit is only for the annointed? not for rank & file? now I'm confused. Husband says the Holy Spirit is at work today, yet, some wt literature says it's only for the annoying. what?

Tell them to take a flying leap! carla

or ask them about the UN, 1914, 1918, 1942, 1975 etc...etc....

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''Obstacles'' - ooooooh, one of their key words. IF you're studying you are fair game. You need to abandon anything else going on in your life. Oh - and stop 'thinking' etc.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There is no tactful way of telling them to back off. They are too stupid to understand tact. As long as you don't sternly put your foot down they'll keep pushing you. My answer would be something like:

they kept asking me what obstacles were in my way,

"Any obstacles are my personal business, which is something I will not share with you. I know where the kingdom hall is - If I attend I'll do so when I'm good and ready. Nagging and pressuring me are the best way to ensure I won't come. I don't wish to discuss this subject again!"

W

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I'd like to use a logical line of reasoning,

lol <whoosh> that'd be lost on a JW

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ask them if you can worship Jesus at the meetings.

They'll leave you alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit