I'm off to the Big D!!!

by ohiocowboy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks all for the nice thoughts! I am getting so excited! I probably won't be able to sleep until it is time to go. I will probably need a vacation by the time I am done moving and unpacking-Hey, I hear Ohio is a good vacation spot...LOL

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Ohio: Im happy for ya. I have only been to Dallas once but didn't stay very long; it was a short trip with a friend who use to live there; it was during Halloween last year, but from what I hear it sounds like a great place to visit again :)

• anewme
    anewme

Ohiocowboy we have two great friends in Texas and another two are moving out there soon from Oregon. Texas has alot of lakes and these guys fish! The real estate market is good if you want to buy I hear. Best wishes to you and your pup for a safe journey!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Just call yourself Texascowboy! :D Yeaaaaahaaa!

I am sorry, I have all these Texas sterotypes! lol lol lol. But I know it's all changed now like very city in the world...

• heathen
    heathen

Yah there's three things us texans don't cotton to , that is a mexican with a knife , a negro with a gun and a yankee with a U - HAUL ..................... LOL I'spose we'll have to make room for ya ....

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    a yankee with a U - HAUL .....................

But I'm travellin' in a covered wagon-honest!

I have stayed up all night trying to finish last minute packing and organizing-(If that's even possible), and will spend tomorrow going to all of my favorite antiques shops and saying goodbye to everyone up here, then Friday will be the big loading up the covered wagon day, then I will take my friends out to dinner to Ryan's-(A big Steakhouse smorgasboard), then off to Dallas. I am getting really excited!

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

I'm so happy to hear this! I enjoyed meeting you both at the crawfish fest and look forward to visiting again. Have a very safe trip!

Theresa

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Ohiocowboy...so glad another yankee on the board is moving down.

My family and I moved down here from New England almost 2 years ago. It was van full of 4 kids, a 24 foot truck pulling a car, and we drove down with no place to live. When we got to town, we just found a hotel, and started driving around the area to find a house to rent. This, to me, being from a place where the rent is high and good housing hard to even find if you can afford it, was TERRIFYING!! Yet my husband, who was from Texas assured me we would have no problems. We found a place I think it was the 2nd or 3rd day here, and moved in a day or two after that. All that way, and no trouble...until my husband put a huge hole in the Ryder truck when he parked in front of the house....

Let me tell you something: Texas is a whole other country. There are a lot of differences, but most of them are positive.

I don't know if you are brining any females with you, but if so I highly recommend finding and reading this book "A yankee chick's guide to surviving texas". Very funny...but oh sooooo true.

I live a little north of Dallas. I don't see Nina and Big Tex that much, but it is comforting to have them and many of the other local posters near me.

Welcome to our little Apostate Paradise!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

"Cowpie"

"Texasturd"

"Tumbleweed"

"2step"

"Shitkicker"

"Texxun"

Everything's BIGGER in Texas...be creative...

u/d (of the get a cool avatar too class)

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

yes that is true...you should see the size of the churches down here....well...come to think of it they are all big, except the Kingdom Halls, hahah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit