I'm off to the Big D!!!

by ohiocowboy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

How exciting and scary at the same time all the best for you and your dog :p es

• Valis
    Valis

One of the nicest things in Dallas Ohiocowboy has yet to be involved with. The Dallas Symphony orchestra plays at Lee Park every Easter weekend. Everyone brings their doggies for the Doggy Parade and everyone else brings all their other animals down for the event. Lovely day in the park all round with awesome music, alchohol and animals of all sorts.

Sincerely,

District overbeer

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow! The outside symphony sounds nice! Big cities always have neat things like that going on. We spent the day loading the truck, and should finish up by tomorrow afternoon. It is so hard to believe how quickly things accumulate. The 27' truck will handle about 2/3 of the stuff, and the rest will go in storage here until until we can come back up to get it, at least I will be well stocked for awhile at the antiques mall..

I am still excited about actually finally being down there, it seems like it has taken forever to get to this point. But finally it will be done, and I can set up house again.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes-it felt really nice!!!

• bisous
    bisous

Texas Transplant???

• Bryan
    Bryan

ARE WE THERE YET?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Unbefrickingleivable! My friends and I have been loading the truck since 9:00 this morning, and just finished. It is so full, a mouse wouldn't have room to poop in the truck. Sad part is, it will take another truckload to get it all down there, so must put stuff in storage up here till I can come back to get it, and that is after I gave a lot of it to friends. We are all getting ready to get cleaned up, and will go to Columbus for a night of fun and frolicking, then come back, sleep for awhile, then my S.O. and I head out tomorrow evening for Dallas! It has been a day of mixed feelings, happy for a nice change, but tearful sorrow for leaving my friends. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are real friends that love unconditionally, and they are real soul mates. Hopefully I will find that down there too.

If anyone wants to meet after I get settled, please leave me a PM, and I will give you my phone number, and maybe we can explore Dallas, go antiquing and thrifting, and hit the huge flea markets down there, and maybe check out the uptown scene, as I will be living amonst all of it.

I thank Simon and this board, and everyone on here who has shown me kindness, and have laughed at my weird humour, and encouraged me when I have felt down. without any of that, I doubt I would have had the strength and gumption to make such a move!

Hugs to you all, and wet, sloppy kisses from my Dog Chelsea...

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Have a VERY SAFE trip! As you drive down I-30, wave at me at exit 116.

CountryGuy

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

He's really leaving.....

Bye...have a safe trip.

Lisa

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ohio...I just saw this ! I'm glad your're finally on your way.

You've picked a HOT time...100° to 105° degrees everyday. I know because WE are moving this weekend too ! Yep, a 24' truck filled 2 times to the brim. We bring the last load in on Sunday, it will be 'both' of our worldly goods finally together under the same roof. (a lot has been in storage)

We will be closer to Dallas, but, still to the south. So-o...be sure to write & call when you land.

PS: Drink LOTS of water...

The Rabbits

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm excited for both of you: Ohiocowboy and The Rabbits! And I'm also excited that I'm not the one moving this weekend -- it's HOT outside! I contented myself with cleaning my closet.

Hugs to all of you and may you land safely in your new homes! See you soon!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit