Would you go back?

by Stress Free 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

For sure the attendance would go up if such an announcement was made.The problem is many who have left have never studied the WTS past history or how their doctrines don't mesh with the bible.Therefore many who have left still think it's the "truth".

I've done my homework,I would definitely not go back.

Goldminer

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Only the exjws who still believe the wackytower tripe.

• blondie
    blondie

Have you ever read the scenario of what the WTS said would happen up to and including 1914 and shortly after? Armageddon in 1914, the destruction of religion and anarchy no later than 1920. I recommend the Studies in the Scriptures. There are several sites with them online. (use Google)

Those predictions came to nought, 1975 did not lead into the great tribulation and the 1,000 rule of Christ. I suppose if they guess or adjust enough the WTS might hit it.

Reminds me of 1,000 monkeys typing for 100 years might recreate the works of Shakespeare. (borrowed from another topic)

Events can be interpreted many ways. Did the end come in 9/11? Some JWs thought it was.

Blondie

I left a dangerous place; why would I go back?

• Legolas
    Legolas

I wouldnt go back.

The only circumstances where i would, would be if God personally visited me and said "Look, I know they've got it all wrong, But thats where i want you to be....."

I'm probably somewhere around here... but even then I'm not sure.... God would have to prove that he is God to me or something like that

I went to bed late and got up early

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Never ever - I'd rather die.

• jaredg
    jaredg

my parents keep on nagging me to come back. i don't think it's going to stop so i have an idea. i'm going to make a folder that has all the info about 607 vs. 586/7 BCE, the UN scandle, why refusing blood transfusions is not biblical and maybe a coupe other goodies and tell them that i will go back to the meetings if they both first read all the info in the folder, read crisis of conscience and read realesing the bonds and combating cult mind control by steve hassan. afterwords i want to talk to them about everything they learned and hope that they will see why i don't want to go back to meetings.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Would I have to believe in God?

An old elder friend of mine told me that a CO told him after 9/11 the Kingdom Hall's were peppered with the old style pink songbooks. He thought it was hilarious. What better proof of brainwashing could there ever be than people running back to an organization and thinking the almighty God of the universe will just save them and kill everyone else because they show up at a meeting. It's embarassing.

GBL

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I had a busted watch once, and it was right TWICE a day!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Even if it ever came to be that they were right all along......I would choose DEATH over an eternity frolicking with lambs and lions in the daisy fields grinning like an idiot with those half-witted numb-skulls....

• daystar
    daystar

jeeprube

Perfect response!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit