Would you go back?

by Stress Free 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

When I was an active witness it was quite noticeable that when world shattering events took place, such as a disaster, tensions between major nations, war in Iraq or events like that of 9/11 the meeting attendance would drastically improve. This was mainly due to ones whom you rarely saw flocking back because they thought A rmageddon was coming.

What if this almost impossible scenario occurred. An announcement is made that the United Nations has made a decision to ban all religions throughout the entire world.

On hearing this announcement some ex jw's might begin to think that the witnesses have got it right after all. So my question is, do you think that many ex jw's would flock back to the organisation, just in case the j dubs have got it right?

• Es
    Es

Most def, im sure if the UN did make that announcement meeting attendance would be at its all time peak.heheh there would be D\F, D\A and appostates coming out of the wood work everywhere. I think if things like 9\11 were enough to bring people back to the meetings that announcement would be the utmost. es

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I wouldnt go back.

The only circumstances where i would, would be if God personally visited me and said "Look, I know they've got it all wrong, But thats where i want you to be....."

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

NO NO NO NO NO!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

maybe if someone tied me up and tortured me...oh wait, no i'd enjoy that.

um, maybe if i was promised a few million dollars and a vile of youth serum... i'd think about it. but, there'd have to be a few changes.

meetings would start around 11:45 and end at noon with cocktails. only well endowed women would be allowed in if they were bra-less and hot...hunky millionare men (who were also well endowed) could mingle around the hall, and everyone was allowed to have sex with whomever and wherever they liked.

ok, so if they gave me a few million dollars, a vile of youth serum and the kingdom hall was actually the playboy mansion...you may be on to something.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What if this almost impossible scenario occurred. An announcement is made that the United Nations has made a decision to ban all religions throughout the entire world.

While continually researching God's Word (without the WT propaganda props) it is not unreasonable to think that this could really take place and the WT/UN alliance could become stronger.

You ask would I go back?

Why would I want to go back to a cult that has rejected Jesus' diety from its inception.... A cult that has caused irreparable harm to its own with blood prohibitions that go back and forth... A cult that has taken God's Word and twisted it into a form of worship that is unrecognisable when compared to Christianity... A cult that demands exclusive devotion no matter what to its composite leader known as the Governing Body... A cult that promotes alienation of affection between family members should one decide they do not want the WT brand of 'christianity'... A cult that has managed in a very short time bring ridicule and disrespect on Jehovah by its actions and the actions of its adherents... A cult that believes in Jesus but does not believe Him... A cult that forces its adherents to go from door to door and house to house bringing a message that is not the Good News about Jesus Christ but a false message of doom and gloom for over 5 billion members of the human family.

NO NO NO NO NEVER EVER WILL I RETURN TO THE VOMIT OF THE APOSTATE WATCHTOWER LIE.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

If the UN banned religion, I would put on free beer for a week, then get an easy chair outside the nearest kh and watch the circus. I'd rather eat shit than go back to those self righteous liars. (Feeling feisty tonight!!!)

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    (Feeling feisty tonight!!!)

doofy,

you deserve free beer for a week, hell a year even. glad you are safe...and feisty!!

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I'm with Ms.whip on this one,especially the cocktails at noon part,and the girls.

Honesty,great post.That summed it up in a nutshell,if you are a believer in the bible.

I would go back only if it meant one of my friends or family would be executed,then you might see me at a kingdumb hall,or if the try to DF me.

• JH
    JH

I'm like the flow of water. I choose the route of least resistance.

Did I answer your question?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit