most hated analogies

by googlemagoogle 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:girls in puberty = cows

OMG I can't stop laughing! Where the hell did this come from?! LOL!

GBL

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Meetings are like your five fingers. Which ones don't you need?

Meetings are like stepping stones across a swift river. How many can you skip.

• avishai
    avishai

New light getting brighter. Hate that one, A lot.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

and we all know that programmers are fat, lazy, albeit smart, slobs.

hey, wait a minute! i may be lazy, but im NOT FAT!

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings,

never heard the row boat one but it presumes that the water is flowing against you. But if you are going with the flow, you continue to go forward even without paddling.

The cow girl thing, I never heard, but I have a vague inkling about. I think it comes from some old WT article or maybe a Young People's Ask.

most of the others I have never heard (except New light of course) but they all sound pat and pretty stupid. All of them could be responded to with an equally stupid solution.

This reminds me of something that my brother told me the other day though. This is slightly off topic.

Evidently he gave my father some money to help my folks make it to the district convention and my brother mentioned to my dad that he would have to tell his wife about the money.

My dad quoted to him the scripture about "not letting your left hand know what your right hand is doing"

To which my brother replied, that his wife, in that case might follow the scripture:

"If your right hand is making you stumble, cut it off."

-Eduardo

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

There is one that I always hated. The stupid dented pan thing. You know the one. How can you have a perfect cake if the pan you are using has a dent in it? Comparing that with imperfect mankind because Adam & Eve were imperfect.

• prophesariah
    prophesariah
    This reminds me of something that my brother told me the other day though. This is slightly off topic.

Evidently he gave my father some money to help my folks make it to the district convention and my brother mentioned to my dad that he would have to tell his wife about the money.

My dad quoted to him the scripture about "not letting your left hand know what your right hand is doing"

To which my brother replied, that his wife, in that case might follow the scripture:

"If your right hand is making you stumble, cut it off."

Hi Eduardo!

LOL ~ That was too funny.

• Room 215
    Room 215

How about the one Blondie cited, in which a CO compared marrying a ``worldly" person to getting hitched to a corpse?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I hated the roadmap one...... "If you are following a road and someone shows you on your roadmap that you are going the wrong direction, would you not change?" Road = life, Roadmap = The Bible as interpreted by JWs

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

"If you are on the fence between Satans world and Jehovahs organization, then you are already on the Devils side. Because God doesn't build fences."

Huh!? (scratches head)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit