Do you still remember the date of your baptism?

by JH 64 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Strangely, it is a day that is indelibly marked, a day for which can never be forgotten for me. It fell on my father's birthday. He was an interested person, " God do I hate those Jehovah's Witness catch phrases " and never took to the truth, though he firmly believed in it. I'd called him that day, he was in Florida at the time, to inform him that it was official and I had taken the plunge. There's only one September Sunday that falls on the 29th, in 1991. It's been permanently logged into my memory banks

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

November 25, 1973 Woodland Hills, California.

Brother Kite (I am not sure of the spelling but he was famous for giving a talk known as "Kite's Quake" Repeated over and over that we should never forget the date of our baptism. He said we would be 100,000 years old in the New System and remmmeber November 25, 1973 as the most important day of our long, long lives.

I was 15 years old and a true believer.

July 1, 1988 was the date of my second and final disfellowshipping. I was nearly 30 years old and still a true believer intending to mend my ways and be reinstated for good. I read Crisis of Conscience a year later and have never looked back.

• TMS
    TMS

March 9, 1957

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was baptised in April 1991 ... not sure of the exact day though. I was disfellowshipped today though. I'll remember that for ... at least another day, anyway.

Kwin

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I do. I was pregnant at the time. I had such hopes for that little girl. *Sigh*. It was 26 plus years ago. Sad. Sad. Glad to be out, though I've lost a sister, one brother, in laws and nephews.

• oldflame
    oldflame

June 3, 2001 but I was baptised in Christ and not in the JW lie

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

No, after a few years could not remember

somewhere in 1986.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I *think* it was 17 July 1987. I know it was 7/87, and that I was 13, but I often struggled to remember the day. I too never felt any overwhelming emotions; I thought I was going to feel special. Pffft.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

baptised Catholic July 20th 1992 on my 2nd birthday!

Evanescence

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I just wanted people to be proud of me.I think it was january 12,1994,I was 12.I sure thought I knew everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit