Ever go to a meeting DRUNK?

by GetBusyLiving 45 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

A knew a guy that went stoned to a judicial commitee meeting. He said it was the only way he could calm down.

GBL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I once stayed up till 6am drinking beer with some roadies, when I got invited backstage at a concert. I still reeked of it, even after a shower, when I attended an Elders' meeting at 2pm that day

I tried to keep my distance and not breath on anyone, but I knew they knew.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I went to my judicial meeting all coked up.HAHA

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

oh yes!!

doesnt the bible tell us to 'drink a little wine?' i cant disobey now can i?

actully was a few sheets to the wind in my judical hence my dont give a stuff attitude that got me dfed! i did sober up when they told me their decision tho! (they spoil all the fun dont they??

• Legolas
    Legolas

I got stoned the other day with my old friends that I have not been with in years, it was great, when I talked I felt like I was talking for hours! thats why I was wondering what it was like going to the meeting stoned, because if it would be like me the other day the meeting would have seemed to be days long I couldn't have hacked it!

• daystar
    daystar

legs

Hmm, yeah... I don't think I could have handled a meeting stoned. I think I would have blurted out more than a few heretical blasphemies.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I don't think I could handle sitting in that particular atmosphere stoned. There are too many details that I don't want to suddenly see.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Yes! My last ever meeting as a dub, I went to it drunk. It was my birthday the night before and I went out to celebrate it in style, by ditching the dubs.

BTW, it's time to celebrate both events again!

• garybuss
    garybuss

"A report from one European country indicates that at times
    some brothers and sisters arrive at the Kingdom Hall with a
    strong smell of alcohol on their breath."
    (The Watchtower Dec. 15, 1996, p. 29)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

well seeing how I am of the female species, I could drink as much as I wanted and no one would know, cus you see, I could drink alot and no one knew. I was very good at hiding my drinking.

Undercover you said.

I slipped out of a convention one time and spent most of an afternoon session in a bar across the street. Came back in time for the end of the last talk...was a little buzzed then

My son would do that at conventions. He came back to his seat one time after drinking alot and you knew he was drunk as his face was red and he looked like the cat that swallowed the canary. He was so funny, however he had to pass my mom and my sister and they knew and looked at me as to say what is up with your kid.

Well the kid knew the Organization didn't have the so called "truth". I didn't say really anything to him but said he shouldn't have had alot to drink. At least he had the guts to get up and leave, I should have joined him. OHHH that would have been a gossip moment...

love Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit