Ever go to a meeting DRUNK?

by GetBusyLiving 45 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

A few years ago I was living with a buddy of mine here in downtown Calgary. We were both inactive Dubs but still half - assed on the fence. One night I came home from work and there was a slew of beer bottles all over the living room, and my buddy slouching on the couch in his suit and tie, beer in hand. I asked him what the hell was going on and if he was going to hit up the meeting after drinking a ton of beer. He told me that he was "..going to bathe in the blood of Jesus." I said, "F*ck that sucks dude, there's a Seinfeld re-run on."

Have you or anyone you've know gone to meetings after drinking?

GBL

• damselfly
    damselfly

No, but perhaps they would have been more interesting.

Like when you smoke up and watch old cartoons of the Hulk and Spiderman.

Dams

• jaredg
    jaredg

better yet....i read the watchtower drunk! i'll never forget it. i was up late drinking the night before with some of my not-so-strong JW friends. i woke up the next morning still drunk and had forgotten that i was assigned to read the WT. funny thing is that i had people come up to me after the meeting and tell me what a great job i did reading the WT. i think it was just b/c i was trying so hard not to slur my words i was reading slow and concise....hahahaha....oh the memories.

• Legolas
    Legolas

No but I wish I would have!!!!! I KNOW I would have had a better time there! If that was possible!!!!

• undercover
    undercover

Not drunk...but several times went to the meeting after having a couple after work with workmates.

I slipped out of a convention one time and spent most of an afternoon session in a bar across the street. Came back in time for the end of the last talk...was a little buzzed then.

• daystar
    daystar

dams

Adult Swim!!

• JH
    JH

No, never went to a meeting drunk. But I drank 2 beers the last time I went.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

lmfao @ jared.. sweet!

GBL

• damselfly
    damselfly

dams

Adult Swim!!

What is it? If you're referring to skinny dipping then c'mon over! We've got the pool all to ourselves!

Dams

• daystar
    daystar

dams

You don't have Adult Swim up there?! OMG!

On the other, well... That is quite a drive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit