What really happens to people when they die?

by ButtLight 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

doogie, ever consider changing your name to droogie? sorry.... big clockwork orange fan here :) carry on with the thread, folks.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Derek,

Animals aswell. I've seen animals in spirit too (pets).

Incidentally, I'm not sure who said it but someone said human beings are different, and I don't think they are. We are all animals after all.

Sirona

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Sirona:

Animals aswell. I've seen animals in spirit too (pets).

So there are spirit rats? And spirit worms? And spirit cockroaches?

Imagine how infested with spirit-vermin the spirit world must be! It must contain the spirit of every creepy-crawly that has ever lived.

What about fungi, bacteria, plants? Do they all have spirits that continue on after they die? Are there any accounts of people being haunted by trees? (All serious questions, even if they seem absurd.)

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    So there are spirit rats? And spirit worms? And spirit cockroaches?

That depends on whether god gave them spirts or not I guess. If there is a spiritual world, and the "all the dead" are there, why wouldnt it be just like when whe live? All creatures big or small move on! But, of course, thats just a guess!

• doogie
    doogie
    doogie, ever consider changing your name to droogie? sorry.... big clockwork orange fan here :)

ha. i just saw that movie for the first time a couple of weeks ago. i don't know if i should take that as a compliment or just kick yer teeth in...

(i actually liked it but man, that is one disturbing movie [at least the first half]. it's like a tarantino movie...weird crap going on with totally out of place music in the background. creepy as heck.)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Buttlight:

That depends on whether god gave them spirts or not I guess.

That would imply having a "spirit" is not necessary to be alive. If animals can live without spirits, then why can't we?

If there is a spiritual world, and the "all the dead" are there, why wouldnt it be just like when whe live? All creatures big or small move on! But, of course, thats just a guess!

The problem is that the life cycle of certain animals is a lot shorter than ours, meaning that their spirits will begin to outnumber and eventually overwhelm our spirits. And, of course, as they're already dead, there's no way to decrease their numbers!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    The problem is that the life cycle of certain animals is a lot shorter than ours, meaning that their spirits will begin to outnumber and eventually overwhelm our spirits. And, of course, as they're already dead, there's no way to decrease their numbers!

true, it would be an infestation of spirit insects. maybe that's why they never communicate with us very well? they are trying to swat insects, whilst trying to get our attention.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    That would imply having a "spirit" is not necessary to be alive. If animals can live without spirits, then why can't we?

God created "bugs" for a certain purpose, so they may not have spirits. He created animals to inhabit the earth with us, so I would asume they would have spirits like us. Or have i been out so long that I cant remember? which is a possibility!!!!!!!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

ButtLight:

God created "bugs" for a certain purpose, so they may not have spirits. He created animals to inhabit the earth with us, so I would asume they would have spirits like us.

In reality, all life on earth had a common ancestor. At what point do you believe God stepped in and imbued certain animals with an undetectable spirit that in no way affected their existence in the material universe but gave them a supernatural existence in a spirit universe which occasionally intersects our own?

(And of course, to a very very close approximation, all animals on earth are insects.)

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Dont argue with me funk!! Im right! Women are always right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit