What really happens to people when they die?

by ButtLight 73 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

What do you believe? Do you think people can stick around, like ghosts? I think they can, and I think you can communicate with them. I told my Mom to haunt my house when she dies. Ok, not really haunt, but to just let me know she is there. She has a bar game in her house, one of those fruit machines that pays out money. Thats all she likes to do, is play that thing! I will keep it when she passes, and I told her to come play it! Guess I will find out when that day comes, till then, I still wonder if once we die, we can still communicate with the living. Unlike what the Jw's teach, that its demonz! I just dont believe that anymore.

• Celia
    Celia

That's what all religions try to explain to the masses.... and we do need to have an answer to make us feel better.... But nobody knows what happens after death.... but it seems to me it would be a waste to just cease to be.... think of all the great minds that have come and gone

• JH
    JH

I think that once you die, you're dead...and await the resurrection. I still believe in the JW teachings about the dead and resurrection....

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I still believe in the JW teachings about the dead and resurrection....

Then you would have gone to the meeting this morning. Too many psycics out there who do communicate with them! I think we would all have that ability, if we used more than 10 % of our brain!

• JH
    JH

I wish i could use more than 10 % of my brain...

is it possible?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    nobody knows what happens after death

The above is very true, so its all about what we believe.

I find it easier to list the things I don't believe, such as ghosts, demons etc.

Logic & science would suggest the impossibility of any further consciousness after our atoms disperse. We are made up of atoms that once formed part of other creatures such as mountains, dinosaurs, insects, rocks etc. and originally came from stars (our sun). I suppose that's a form of reincarnation in a way lol!

I have an open mind & believe against all the odds there may be some form of future consciousness, separate from the physical matter, but I'm sure it couldn't be anything like what the JWs teach.

• delilah
    delilah

You know, when I was a witness, i believed what they teach about the dead. However, I've had FAR TOO many strange things occur to me and my family, to believe that we just die....and the occurrances have had connections to my dead father-in-law, as well as others. How do we explain these things? I DON'T subscribe to the JW theory, that it is the demons, anymore. Who knows??? Like others have said, I guess we'll find out when we die?!

Delilah

• JH
    JH

I rather live while I'm alive than find out later

• delilah
    delilah

Yup, "we're here for a good time, not a long time.." I agree with you JH...

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    I rather live while I'm alive than find out later

Here, here, bottoms up! Perhaps if there is to be a form of judgement or punishment, it will be reserved for those who don't live this life to the full, but not whilst caring for others as well as ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit