Finally broke down and talked to my wife about 607 BC.

by ithinkisee 60 Replies latest members private

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Does anyone have the information from the Babylon The Great Has Fallen! Gods Kingdom Rules! book relating to 607 BC in digital format of some type they can pm to me or post here on the forum?

I would love to get a heads-up on it before I talk with my father-in-law.

Thanks!

-ithinkisee

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Have you seen AlleyMom's KISS thread where she uses only JW publications to show 587 as the 18th year of King Neb?

I'll look for it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

It will be interesting when you start discussing that the society taught the 606 BCE instead of 607 BCE date ....

Great work!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Have you seen AlleyMom's KISS thread where she uses only JW publications to show 587 as the 18th year of King Neb?

Yes, I gave her that months ago ... that has been the basis for her research.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/95335/1.ashx

It will be interesting when you start discussing that the society taught the 606 BCE instead of 607 BCE date ....

She already knows that as well.

Thanks for the kind words.

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I found some good "Babylon the Great Has Fallen" book references. Does anyone have anymore?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10674/1.ashx

-ithinkisee

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well here is the KISS method by ALLEYMOM for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

• TheListener
    TheListener

I have my 1981 edition ready to go for tomorrow morning. It looks as if chapters 8 and 9 deal specifically with Babylon and Jerusalem. Chapter 8 is entitled "Zion clashes with Babylon" and chapter 9 is entitled "The Desolating of Zion". Chapter 10 may be of interest as well, it's entitled "Waiting in Exile for Babylon's Fall." Unfortunately I don't have it in electronic form but I have a hard copy that I can scan at a Kinko's or something.

However, I might add that the 1971 AID book and the 1981 Kingdom Come book seem to have the same information in them. We can check it out tomorrow if you're available.

You can PM me if you'd like.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Also, please remember that the Babylon book is about 700 pages. Fred's masterpiece.

• TD
    TD

ithinkisee,

As the husband of a JW wife, I'm "with" you all the way here.

What they're trying to do with the Israelite kings is a fallacy of accounting. Don't let them get away with it!

When the JW's say (In the "All Scriptures" book for example) that 539BC is the "absolute" or "pivotal" date for the Hebrew Scriptures they are not being entirely ingenuous.

Actually to be more accurate the JW's have two pivotal dates of the Old Testament because Every event prior to the captivity is dated from 607BC.

When I say "every event" I mean clear back to the creation of Adam. So for anyone to count forward using the JW dates for the Israelite kings means nothing because the JW's have already dated all their reigns by counting backward from 607BC. The "deck" is "stacked."

Tom

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

ithinkisee,

Not to distract from the argument at hand, but I want to remind you that this whole situation might take some multi-tasking on your part. You mentioned early in this thread:

The most thing for me at this moment was opening up the dialogue in a peaceful manner. We have had to band together quite closely lately due to some extended family conflict ... so I kind of used our reaffirmed loyalty to each other as an opportunity for me to gently start making her aware of this stuff.

I realize you may already know this, so I'll just jump in here.

It may be worth considering that through this you give your wife extra attention, love and affection. Completely separate from discussing such a deep topic. Since your wife is sweet, genuine, and loving, then having you there by her side is probably very important to her. Continue strengthening that bond in your marriage...should things start to turn south with her father, then at least she knows that you are there next to her. I know it may sound cliche or patronizing, but nothing makes me feel closer to my husband than when he gives me undivided attention and time and reminds me how wonderful our marriage is. He really makes me feel like he's got my back...which in turn, strengthens my desire to "have his back". If you are banding close together, do not let this argument get in the way of that. Build the relationship as the foundation...the debate about this cult's inaccurate chronology won't be able to shake it. Should her father or anyone else for that matter, say that you're pointing her towards apostate thinking, she'll be in shock that they think that. You are the loving, loyal, attentive husband that no other sister in the hall has. How could she let them get away with thinking that?

Just my 2 cents,

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit