Trinity- True or False

by defd 215 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    DEFD I know you will not speak to me because of the apostafest I attended but I am sure you and I are in agreement here

Well lets see, he talked to me, knowing im df'd! With an insult of course!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/96137/2.ashx

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stilla:

Commonsense says God is not a Trinity - I really do not care what the scriptures say

That'd do it

God can't be a Trinity because it defies your reason, along with the very book that describes the God that you so disdain, because it defies your reason, therefore regardless of what it says about the God it describes, it's unreasonable... get that?

LOL - can you pronounce "incongruous"?

Edited to add: At least, on another note, we found out what numpty-head was daft enough to PM you - LOL

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

How much can you believe in the bible to begin with? The book is based on myths and fairytales, so what ever a person reads into it is based on that.

Will

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    NO - I m not prepared to because I once swore online that I would never engage a trinity thread again

That`s ok Stilla. LittleToe: He just said that he (personally) agreed with DefD. It`s another thing if someone (like DefD usually does) comes on, saying "you`re all wrong, gods name Jehovah is used in the NTs original greek manuscripts and the trinity-doctrine is wrong", inviting us to a discussion, gets some questions he can`t answer, and then pisses of and refuses to provide proof, refuses to discuss it any further, refuses to answer honest questions. That`s the kind of behaviour that really pisses me off. Do you hear me, Defd? You claimed that Gods name from the OT was to be found in the original greek manuscripts of the NT! Please: Show me where!

• bebu
    bebu
    The book is based on myths and fairytales, so what ever a person reads into it is based on that.

I believe that God has no qualms using stories to make his points; Jesus himself was quite a good teacher/storyteller.

(BTW some Christians consider many stories merely "fairytales", but fairytales that reveal truth about God.)

bebu

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Trinity? False

Defd.

Is Jesus ALMIGHTY God? Yes, and he is our God, Mighty God, our Creator and all that but this type of questioning proves nothing. Why? Because God is a relegated position. Anyone in authority can be God to anyone else especially if the Supreme Being (also called God) selects you for that function. Moses was such as were the Kings of Israel.

Jesus is NOT the Supreme Being.

Jesus was authorized by the Supreme Being to be God to man and as such to create man, redeem mankind and judge mankind.

You see this word God identifies no one. Its use is contextual and it is remarkable how poorly its use is grasped. Since most cannot separate specific use when it applies to the Supreme Being and relative use when it applies to others authorized to be such the trinity argument goes on and on without resolution.

Joseph

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You claimed that Gods name from the OT was to be found in the original greek manuscripts of the NT! Please: Show me where!

He can not because there is no(very little) proof. The WTBTS (Freddie) inferred the use

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Commonsense says God is not a Trinity - I really do not care what the scriptures say

I've heard the same answer from other JW's. If the scriptures are contrary to what the WTBTS says they don't care what the scriptures say because they look to the Governing Body for spiritual guidance.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Is this discussion not just another example of the fact that there is no clarity in the bible?

I really tried hard for nearly 40 years of my life to become friends with God, I really did. But let it be said, I don't have to wonder about my friends whether they are one person, or some part of a trinity.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Defd:

Well, I've been away from the board for a while and see this topic is bubbling along so may I follow up with my earlier post. You see, it was on this very point, i.e. the nature of Christ, that I left the WTS. I'd come to the realisation that, in fact, the Witnesses, although claiming to be "true christians" are, in fact, far removed from such.

You initially asked the question "is Jesus ALMIGHTY God?" (your emphasis), so I'd like you to check one of the Witnesses' favorite Bible books i.e. Revelation..Remember, this has nothing to do with teaching a trinity but simply discovering who is the Jesus of the Bible? Okay?

In particular, look at Revelation 5:12-13. I'll quote from the NIV (because I like it!).

"In a loud voice they sang:

"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,

to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength

and honor and glory and praise!"

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:

"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb

be praise and honor and glory and power,

for ever and ever!"

Now is this not describing complete worship? Of whom?

I note in the above posts the text that Little Toe asked you to comment on, and surely the WTS' circling around the description of Thomas' worship of Jesus would again be operating here with the WTS' 'explanation' of Revelation 5. Why do you think that is?

Elsewhere in Revelation, look at the titles ascribed to Jesus - not Jehovah, Jesus - okay?

• the First and the Last 1:17
    • The Living One 1:18
    • the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation 3:14
    • King of Kings and Lord of Lords 19:16

especially look at these:

the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End 22:13

Are these not describing the totality of everything?

Now, think, does this sound like the Jesus of the JWs?

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit