Trinity- True or False

by defd 215 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defd
    defd

Yes I am willing to look into the matter carla. I did start this post for that reason. I will use the BIBLE as my source of info, not the WT.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I will use the BIBLE as my source of info, not the WT.

Uh oh , you're gone!

• Terry
    Terry
    No offense, Terry, but if it is not worth consideration, why do you bother us with your consideration and clearly biased opinions about this subject that matters not to you?

I "bother" you?

Hmmmm, very revealing!

T.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Uh oh , you're gone!

Maybe we should be a little more encouraging to him?

Defd i thought you were a die hard JW...its good to see you wanting to just use the Bible for your research.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I look up the cross references, and help finish Thomas thought, just 3 verses down it reads, "But these things have been written down that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God............

Wow, you had to use the cross-reference to find that text just three verses away? Why didn't you just read the thing in context?
    Thomas' "thought" is complete in and of itself. Try reading the whole section and see what Thomas was expressing.
    Noone in the whole of Christendom denies that Jesus is the "Son of God", but that's sidestepping the issue, in a completely mundane JW-type way. Why don't you just address the question straight - what was Thomas' relationship with Jesus at that precise point in time?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oh, and btw, it's not a leading question. I don't give a flying fig if you believe in the Trinity or not. But if you'd only honestly answer the question you'd understand why it's not as clear cut as the JWs like to "believe", and why it's been the subject of debate for hundreds of years, especially in the early formative church.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

part of me says yes while another part says no and yet the last part of me isnt so sure

• vitty
    vitty

I find this really difficult to decide on, only last year I would have definitly have said , no trinity, but the more I read and listen to other view points its not so clear cut.

I do believe in God so its important, If Jehovah is the only one we must worship and no other, then we cannot except the trinity, but there are scriptures that say we should worship Jesus and if we dont it will displease Jehovah. Im really grappling with this one!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Vitty:I'm addressing you specifically with these comments, and have no desire to take on the trinity debate that the topic suggests, as frankly I'm bored by the subject after WEEKS of debating it the past several years.

Some view that God is a Trinity and that the "Son" (as the "Word") was always the public face of God. Therefore "Jehovah", "I AM", "I AM that I AM", "The Angel of God", the "Word", etc. all refer to the same being who represented the whole "God".

Given that I hold the bible to be the expression of the subjective spiritual experiences of ancient people, that might go some way towards explaining the discrepancies between the "Jehovah" of the Old Testament and the "Jesus" of the New. Unfortunately it only goes some way, however. Enjoy the ride, as many people miss the journey for the sake of trying to work out the destination

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I don't give a flying fig if you believe in the Trinity or not. But if you'd only honestly answer the question you'd understand why it's not as clear cut as the JWs like to "believe",

I get the feeling that those who get so worked up about it are the naysayers, rather than those who accept the notion of the trinity.

Perhaps they're really trying to convince themselves? Just a thought.

Personally I'm with you LT, not a bit interested whther someone accepts it or not - the Trinity never was something to be preached - rather, Christ was to be preached!

So there y'are - even upside-down I agree with you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit