Sep 15th WT: Christians spend weekends enjoying recreation and not service

by truthseeker 53 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Terry mentioned:

The Watchtower is fomenting peer pressure. They seek to divide the brothers into two groups: leisure activity slackers and busy beaver door-knockers. ; One group will resent the other. One group will shame the other. ; Gossip about who does what will commence.

This is very true and I noticed it many times over the years. The more leisure group view themselves as "down to earth" while looking upon the other jws a self-righteous. Conversely, the more zealous jws view themselves as more "balanced" (a very over-used jw word that also gets flipped and used by the leisure group), "spiritually minded", and "theocratic", and look down on the leisure group. And the gossip does indeed commence.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Brothers are scheduled to work 3 Saturdays out of 4, 2 when they reach 50; sisters get off lightly with working 2 (?) until they are 30 and 1 until they are 40 when they get all of them off (correct me, my memory is not as good as it could be). I was told it was to cut down on the recreation on the weekends. It seems that carloads of young brothers were driving as far as Chicago from NYC to attend "parties" and driving back. There were a couple of accidents putting Bethele workers out of commission for a while at the WTS expense. Can anyone confirm this?

That is what it was like when I was at Bethel in the late 1980's and when I asked why that was the exact same reason they gave me. By the way, Bethelites know how to party!!!!

Jeff Schwehm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    So let me get this straight, the organization is telling witnesses they are acting too much like Baalism. Weddings parties, eating food to excess. Well if memory serves me right when God's people Isreal started worshipping Baal or doing acts of Baalism they were destroyed as mentioned in this biblical text.

Once their numbers start to go down they will be able to point to this article and say: See! We predicted this decline and it was the fault of all of YOU publishers who got lazy.

• justhuman
    justhuman

It seems that Jw's are more interesting to have fun, rather than going to the boring meetings of the WT!!!

Indeed time is running out for the Great Harlot!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit