What is your favorite memory of your Mom

by joelbear 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Tez
    Tez

Oh decisions, decisions, would it be the time my bro had to drag her drunk out of a ditch... or the time she rang me, yet again, drunk, to say she had taken yet another overdose!! No definitely the time she visited me after I had my baby daughter, yep! drunk again, she knocked her cord and made her bleed!! Oh the memories... would rather forget!!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

I remember the wonderful smell of her delicious homemade bread...

• myself
    myself

Her giggles when she was happy. Miss you Mom!!!

• Nick
    Nick

I really enjoyed the memories people have posted. I don't really have any of my mother. When I was 2 years old she worked as a bar maid in a dive. Taking care of her kids was too much for her so she ran off with the guy who drove the Budweiser delivery truck. Haven't seen her since.

Nick

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, I've never "ranked" memories of my mother that way, but here's one I treasure.

My mother and I used to go clothes shopping at a little Berkeley boutique called Yarmo's.

Once she found a beautiful gray wool suit: shoulder-padded, wasp-waisted jacket with big lapels and slim skirt. She topped it off with a "Cossack" hat - a big floppy cylinder in rabbit fur. I think she had some little ankle boots to go with it, with flollopy cuffs to pick up the looseness of the hat.

It made her look like something out of a very sophisticated storybook.

So she took it home and modeled it for me and my stepfather. He lent her a brick-red ascot to go with it. Perfection!

She wore it once. It cost a two or three hundred dollars in 1968, and my stepdad NEVER regretted spending the money.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit