What is your favorite memory of your Mom

by joelbear 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

One of my favorite memories of my Mom was the time she got a ticket for flying in her Lincoln, we were jamming to Hank Jr. , laughing hysterically, just me, Mama, and my little sister. We were coming home from visiting the Grands. She was having such a good time she didn't realize how fast she was going. I wish I had more memories of her like that day.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

When I was little more than a curtain climber, we were at my Aunt & Uncle's house in the Heights (Houston). The house was 3 stories tall. In front of the house (front yard) was a HUmongous oak tree. I remember standing below the tree wondering if I could climb all the way to the top of its branches and wishing someone would come along and give me a boost cause none of the branches were low enough for me to begin to climb. Next thing I knew there I was about 100 (to me) feet off the ground and I made the mistake of looking down.

Needless to say, I totally froze and began screaming bloody murder. My mother came out of the house and began trying her best every way she could think of to coax me down, but I was glued to that small branch. I'd actually almost reached the top of the oak tree. Finally, in disgust and mad as a wet hen, Mom climbed the tree and pried me loose and carried me down piggy-back. She could have called the fire department, but she didn't. She came and got me herself.

Btw, I have a hard time even climbing a chair to reach a high shelf or change a lightbulb today.

Frannie

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

a few, one: she decided to go on a weekend with me to London - while in London we used that double busses - marvellous.

another: just before we had to go to the hospital for a rontgenphoto (for her - she was diagnosed with liver cancer) I made a bad fall. in the hospital she was pushing MY wheelchair cos I could'nt walk and we were laughing: the lame helping the blind or something like that..

the last: the way she said good-bye to me and wishing me strenght............

• fairchild
    fairchild

I don't remember her, which is kind of strange, because I saw her once in 1985 and another time in 1990. I often try to remember her face, but almost nothing comes to mind, only the fact that she wore glasses. I do wish I had either a picture, or some memories of her though.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Mom played the piano beautifully. As long as I was quiet, I could sit on the couch and watch her play. She also had an amazing singing voice; opera. It gave me goosebumps. I have an excellent singing voice as well, but mom's voice was like a bell over water. I could never compare.

J

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

MY MOTHER TOLD ME ONE DAY SHE WOULD NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN IF...............I 'DIDN'T' GET 'OUT' OF THE WITNESSES!

THANK YOU MOM!

OUTASERVICE

• Undecided
    Undecided

When I was about 4 years old my mother was sitting in the front porch swing, she was holding me in her lap and it was turning dark and my brother(2 years older than me) was out in the yard catching lightning bugs and bringing them over to me. My mom and dad were very loving people and I felt this love when I was a child. I have so many memories that I can look back and enjoy from my youth.

Ken P.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Five years old sitting on my mom's lap on the way to the Tuesday night bookstudy. She told me it was the last time I would ever get to sit on her lap because I was getting too big, and laughed. It was the last time.

GBL

• lola28
    lola28

KLS, I feel for you.

lola

• luna2
    luna2

My mother is a good person. She cleaned the house, made the meals, made my clothes, did the laundry...all the stuff that a good mother is supposed to do. But I'm having an extremely hard time recalling any especially fond memories...I almost always had a sense of being disconnected from her. We did not understand each other. She thought I read too much and was impractical. I thought she was stodgy, dull and overly critical.

The past 13 years have been difficult for me in terms of my relationship with my parents. When you are a child you think you know who your parents are, but you don't really. I've learned too much to ever have that warm fuzzy "Mom and Dad know best" feeling again. I love my parents, but I don't entirely trust them.

I'll have to think about this "favorite memory" thing a bit more and try not to allow present resentments to poison the whole picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit