What is your favorite memory of your Mom

by joelbear 34 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Mine would definitely have to be coming home from school and smelling hot pecan cookies that Mom was just taking out of the oven.

• JH
    JH

Always making food and making sure I ate well

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Wow. Hits home hard for me for many reasons. Honestly, it was how she would always clean up my and my siblings' after-breakfast cereal mess and never said a word about it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When we tricked Mom into riding Space Mountain at Disney World. She screamed like a banshee all the way down.

Mom hates rollercoasters.

Good times, good times

Josie

• kls
    kls

There was a time she sobered up and made home made ChocolateChip Cookies. MY favorite.

• shera
    shera

She was there and very loving and understanding. I'm very fortunate to have a mother like her.(she was never a witness ither)

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Just me an my mom...and the afternoon ritual before my younger sis was born. She'd lay me down for a nap...when I got up, she was finishing up with watching "As The World Turns". She'd make me some Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich...then it was time for my shows...Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street and The Electric Company. I'll always treasure that time I had mom to myself. My older bro & sis were off at school and my little sis was still unborn. Those were great memories that I still treasure. Mom and I are still close. I speak to her at LEAST every couple of days.

Ern

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

My mother was the biggest IN DENIAL-person that ever lived. If she had decided that something was true/the case, not all the counter-evidence in the world could make her realise she was wrong. After 1975, she had decided to accept the WT-claim that "some individual brothers had speculated in 1975...etc etc". I showed her WTs that clearly said that 1975 would be the year (many years later, mid-90s). She denied it. So here`s my favorite quote from my mother. She was dying of cancer, in the last stages. The last thing she said before she slipped into a coma, was (in sort of an agressive tone):

"Well, I`m not dying or anything, if that`s what you think!"

Three days later, she died. Sad, but that last sentence she said is the coolest thing I ever heard. I`m gonna have that one on my gravestone. Ha ha

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmm I only have two good memories of my mother

1. When I came back from foster care she actually hugged me and welcomed me home. (We won't discuss WHY I was in foster care but the welcome home was nice.)
    2. When I was 6 months pregnant for my second child I went into premature labor. She stayed with me in the hospital. When I told her how scared I was she hugged me.

Hmmmm interesting. Both times I got a hug instead of what she usually lashed out at us. Actually those are the only times I remember getting a hug. Although it is possible that I only remember those because I was so emotional at the time. Naaaa she wasn't a huggy type person

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

It's a shame that some people have bad or no good recollections of Mom. But I did get a kick out of your anecdote, Hellrider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit