An Invitation to a Wedding

by lisavegas420 42 Replies latest social relationships

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow that's tacky!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

On occasions like that I pretend that the mail service failed to deliver. Semi-dishonest, I know, but what the heck - I would struggle to see why it deserved a reply, if they didn't even know nor acknowledge that I had a spouse...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

That's an invitation that would immediately (well OK after a few chuckles) go into the round file, trash basket.

On the other hand I sincerely would like to invite you all to mine and hubbies renewal of our vows at Heavenly Hope Springs Eternal Chapel of the West. Ceremony to be held at 7 pm on September 30, 2005. Casual attire and the happy couple request no gifts except for money which we will gladly use to refurnish our newish home or put a down payment on a much needed new car. Please be generous as we are having a simple cake and punch reception following the cheesy ceremony. RSVP

Hey I think your friend is onto something, I'm game!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

This day and age nothing surprises me. Seems like there are occasions for everything and if a person were to go to all of them, they would end up broke. I know on my parents anniversary party we had, we stated that gifts would be declined.

Will

• Chia
    Chia

That's definitely tacky, to outright ask for money. Miss Manners would be incensed!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I don't need everyone as a friend.

I don't need to go to every wedding.

This person would fall into both of those catagories for me.

That's it, that's the list.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Its a con! Don't do it. They just can't save money to go to Hawii themselves and don't want to get a loan so they want you to fund it. Go to the party, give a card with no money. Drink their booze and eat their food. Then invite them to fund your next vacation.

Kwin

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Usually on renewal's they request "No gifts". To ask for money is a shock to me!

I would RSVP that I would not be attending as my money is being saved for MY trip to Hawaii.

Snoozy...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Everyone here is invited to my divorce to celebrate the repudiation of my vows.

Feel free to contribute cash to help defray my legal expenses.

W

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FF:Oooh, that's a good one. Ya beat me to it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit