An Invitation to a Wedding

by lisavegas420 42 Replies latest social relationships

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Yesterday, I received in the mail a Wedding Invitation...well not actually a wedding invitation, it was more of a re-newal of vows invitation. A woman that I work with...(only during tax season, I don't see or talk to her the rest of the year), sent me the invitation. Her husband and her got married by the Justice of Peace years ago, and now 10 years and 3 children later, they want to renew their vows in their church.

With me so far...Ok, I'm fine with that. I even visited her church a few years ago, it was nice, but I don't want to join a church. Anyway...

the invitation is written to only me....not Mr and Mrs...not even Lisa and guest. So can I bring my huband, or does it really me just me?

Also on the R.S.V.P.

it said....instead of a gift, ....the couple have their hearts set on a trip to Hawaii for a honeymoon and would like a gift of money to help defray the cost of the trip....... WTH...is that normal? I've never heard of that before...... I don't have a problem with that, a money gift is fine , but how much would I give?

Just looking for opinions on this. Thanks.

Lisa<-----*of is this works for her class, I might just have to renew my vows

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well ! In MY opinion I think that is nervy!! I would respond that two are going you & hubby( if you are)

Gift amount????? I know in todays world it dont seem much but I always give a mere$50.00 But you must remember I lived in the world were we would give a toaster, sheets, towels, etc: they dont do that anymore do they??? In fact I just received a invite & told what store to buy the gift at- They left a list with the store!!!!!

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

They problubly just put your name because it is u that they know not your hubby so when you rsvp you just include him is all. as for the money tree.. what ever you give is from your heart not to become a hardship to you or your hubby. i would give them whatever you had planed on spending on a regular gift. something is way better then nothing.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Include your husband on the RSVP and give only what you can afford!

DIMPLES

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Every one here is invited to my ahhhhh wedding ,yea that's it, I want to go to the North Pole so instead of a gift bring just cash please.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think that's what I'll do...rsvp from my husband and I both and take a gift of money.

Maybe I can find a way to weasle in on their honeymoon...hehehe...j/k

Lisa

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK Let me get this straight

You see this person once a year. So clearly she isn't what you might call a "friend". And out of the blue she and her husband want to have a church wedding ten years after the fact and are looking for every single person they have had contact with over the years and are asking them to foot the bill so they can go to where???? Hawaii? for a honeymoon?

OOOOK

When was the last time you and your husband went on a trip to Hawaii?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Yeah...you're exactly right, Lady Lee. I see her once a year. We don't see or talk to each other the rest of the year, although I've know her for about 6 years.

Since the tax stuff is only seasonal, there are several people that I only see and comunicate with during tax time, but, today I got an email from another woman in that office...

She wrote me and said...

I think it is kind of tacky to ask for money for a trip. I would like a trip also if someone wants to donate. Knowing you're already married and have been for ten years, tells you they have everything they either want or need, so you may give money or a gift certificate. I had thought about giving $20.00 but now I think I will give $10.00 for ten years. T.

Lisa<-----My hubsand and I have never been to Hawaii and we've been married longer than her....

Twelve years today... Happy anniversary to me....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sounds to me like you might want to do something else with that money like maybe do some celebrating

• delilah
    delilah

YUP, I agree with the Lady.....take some money and celebrate YOUR anniversary girl.....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. I think some people are taking things WAY over the top these days, and they should be happy to celebrate their special day with loved ones and friends, not burden them for donations for extravagant trips. IMHO, I think they should have set the money aside earlier for their trip....I would never think to ask people to donate cash....TACKY.

Delilah (I'd also RSVP them that you AND your husband will attend) if you are going, that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit