Live on a paradise earth full of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by wanderlustguy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• kazar
    kazar

Trevor, what you described is exactly how I felt and was disfellowshipped for when I voiced my feelings.

Are you sure you're not my alter ego?

• blondie
    blondie

Could have been but wasn't, which was amazing. It happened some years ago. One of the elders faded a few years ago having the same opinion.

Blondie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

At one time ( a LONG time of 30 years) this would have been my ideal. You have to remember that I was walking around in a small cage with scales on my eyes, so my visions and perceptions were quite a bit jaded!

Today, I would cringe at the thought, but if it IS reality, (yeah right) I won't have to worry about being "chosen" to live that way and in that place and with that kind of people!!!!

What might be seen as a treat for some, would be like a nightmare for others!

Annie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

When I walked out of the KH for the last time, that's exactly what was in my mind -- Blondie nailed it. I couldn't bear the thought of living forever with those people so I decided to enjoy every minute of the life I have now.

Pretty cool so far!

Nina

• luna2
    luna2

Can you see, with your mind's eye, drones all dwelling together?

Thinking has passed. Monotony at last!

Life with no choice at all.

Chorus - Sing out with dread at heart. You, too, must have a part. Live for the day when you'll say,

"Life, will it end at last?"

LOL....Not that I ever disliked the idea of living forever or anything, but it would be a real burden to have to live the JW way forever and ever and ever.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thanks for posting that link, Blondie. I remember you posting it before, but I couldn't find it anymore. I immediately thought of that story when I saw the title of this topic. Can't wait to read it again.

• upside/down
    upside/down

The worst nightmare you'd never wake up from...

Unless if in the "new system" we can stay permanently loaded on peote...

Naw...I'd rather be dead.

Jehovah's "spiritual pair o dice" was too much to take in "this system"...I couldn't take it anymore.

u/d (of the Stepford dude class)

• Terry
    Terry

I remember when it was called the NEW SYSTEM. As if God even had a system!

If I had kids running around in my garden with a dangerous snake I'd be more watchful than the parent in the sky, Jehovah.

What experience, what LIFE experience did Adam or Eve have? What wisdom had they accumulated? What is innocence if not a non-acquaintance with the downside of life?

How do you grow strong enough and wise enough to make a PERFECT decision when the opportunity to become skillfull isn't in your memory?

No, if heavenly parent Jah couldn't watch over his first two human innocents any better than the first pair, he can't be trusted to watch over millions (if not billions) of people with experience in wrongdoing and autonomy.

It would simply be DISASTER #2. PARADISE LOST AGAIN.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Time line of the 1,000 year reign

Year 1: Out of the billions alive before Armeggedon, there are only 6 million granted survival.

Year 2: Reconstruction begins

Year 7: "New scrolls are opened" as a new brochure "Welcome to Paradise" and a new organization book that states that stoning is now replacing disfellowshipping.

Year 20: Survivors begin to murmer that there is no BBQ in paradise

Year 72: The last anointed of the remnant dies, a replacement of a replacement who began partaking in 2003

Year 150: Survivors start to wonder what's so fun about being young again when all you are allowed to do is demo urban centers

Year 300: After 3 centuries of buring bodies and churches, the world begins to look like a JW brochure

Year 350: The resurrection commences with the most recently dead JWs

Year 351: A general mourning begins when it is realized how many are not being resurrected

Year 353: The first apostacy begins when it is confirmed that widow and widowers are no longer married to their resurrected mates.

Year 400: Ancient faithful ones are ressurected. In vengence Uriah kills David who has to be resurrected again. Uriah is stoned. Lot is reunited with his daughters. They spend the night drinking.

Year 550: The mass of dead ones never associated with Jehovah's organization are now being resurrected. A general confusion begins while the resurrected are taught they are not in heaven, Vahalla, or Nirvana. But the Buddhists win the argument that they are indeed reincarnated, not resurrected.

Year 581: It becomes apparent that the attrition rate for the general resurrected is about 50%. Most Caananite children still resent the ethic cleansing and labor camps of the ancient Isrealites. Those who died during the 40 year trek in the wilderness are seriously miffed about the lack of quail. General dissention begins.

Year 620: A record number of suicides among the faithful. Most are not happy with their scant 1 acre parcel and spending full-time hours in the ministry trying to convince a 4th century Greek that he is a soul.

Year 660: The mass stonings are only aggrevating the issue. Rebels unite on the opposite coastline of world headquarters and begin calling it California again. This angers all the circuit and district overseers who had picked out their estates on the beach before Armeggedon ever started.

Year 750: The resurrection is almost complete. Newbies wonder why there is a country of apostates in "Paradise." They are encouraged to have endurance until the "end comes."

Year 880: Australia is completly overwhelmed by apostates. Jehovah's organization is considered under ban there and terrorist vigilantes target faithful ones to revenge those lost to the stonings. Some faithful ones are resurrected 2 or 3 times as a result.

Year 912: The Watchtower counsels faithful ones to serve with a date in view. Only 88 years to go.

Year 1000: Satan is released.

Year 1001: Out of the billions who survived or were resurrected, there are only 6 million granted everlasting life.

Year 1002: Reconstruction begins, again...

• Quentin
    Quentin

Some of us would sit around and talk about life in The New System...meeting Moses, Abraham, Joshua...what about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Tyndale, Newton...would they make it, why, why not? So on and so on. Straining the Nat and swallowing the camel...camel got to big...sad people will allow others to think for them...goofy doctrines, always somebody ready to take on the camel...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit