shunning

by jen_h 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jen_h
    jen_h

I have been disfellowshipped for 7 years now, and the other day my mom says she is supposed to stop associating with me. I know I'm DF'd, but I'm family. I am so upset by them. Why do they think they have the right to tell family they can't communicate??

It's just that I'm no longer doing anything wrong in the witnesses eyes...and if they know that, why do they still push non-communication?? It's because I have a stupid "title" of being DF'd, that's why.

If they think this is helping me, they are wrong. The congregation and my family have all pushed me away...far away.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

welcome and read on. You may find your own answers here in other threads.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome to the forum, jen_h. There is no making sense of nonsense, that's for sure. Did something happen to prompt your mother to change her behavior I wonder?

• jen_h
    jen_h

at the recent convention they were saying this. Not to associate and all that crap.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In this last District Assembly they said it loud and clear a few times: "Stop all association with disfellowshipped and disassociated ones, even if they're family".

I wouldn't have believed it myself if I didn't hear it. I thought family was different, but apparently not anymore.

DY

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome Jen, Most often the reason why Witness shunning works is we stay in our roles as the errant Witness and we enable it to happen. We excuse the shunners. We blame the Watch Tower Publishing business and not the shunners. We give the shunners access to our homes, our spouses, our children, our cars, trucks, tools, bank accounts. We tell them we love them even as they shun us. We make it easy for them to shun and snub us. We hope they will quit the Witnesses so it all will go away. It ain't happening!
    Shunning is WAR! Draw your lines, make your plans, give notice. Make em pay IF they shun. Hurt em! Get mad! Shun em back! Let em know it all ends here and now!
    If a Witness shuns me, I shun them back till they die. They can never come to my home or call me. Oh, and me and my family are a package deal. Shun me you WILL shun them too. They are sticking with me and the Witness's ass is toast!
    Never be in a position where you depend on a Witness for one thing in your life. Never be in business with them. Never rent a house from them. Keep the nearest Witness at LEAST 100 miles away from you AND your family.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

My exact philosophy too, Gary, except you word is so much clearer for others to understand. Mind if I use it sometime?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board Jen!

GBL

• garybuss
    garybuss
    My exact philosophy too, Gary, except you word is so much clearer for others to understand. Mind if I use it sometime?

Use it all the time:-)

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Thank you, Gary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit