3 hour tour - my sd interrogation.

by wordlywife 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

What was I thinking for the 30 years of playing "follow the leaders" . The fact that these Three Wise Men sit there in the seat of judgment and "decide" what to "do" in another week's time, is unthinkable----but so many of us sadly went along with what we were told.

All of this is so frustrating and so unnecessary, but if your husband is "for" it, then this is even more pitiful. My heart goes out to all of you because you're all victims of that cult.

hugs,

Annie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If he refused to provide loving care to his own daughter (outside of Witness view), I'd be strongly tempted to stack all his worldly goods on the back porch, set up a cot with a sleeping bag and tell him he's shunned until he comes to his senses.

They need to learn that it works both ways.

W

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    If he refused to provide loving care to his own daughter (outside of Witness view), I'd be strongly tempted to stack all his worldly goods on the back porch, set up a cot with a sleeping bag and tell him he's shunned until he comes to his senses.

Why offer the caveat of "outside Witness view". This weak a$$ shouldn't even be given this courtesy.......he should be providing loving care for his daughter 24/7 as long as she needs it regardless to whose field of "view" he's in. Or does Jah not see it when one of his "people" are acting like a total ass.

Why should this hypocrit be given an honourable out when the organization he loves so much and obviously puts ahead of even his own flesh refuse to extend that same courtesy to anyone who runs afoul of their little dictates.

His daughter would see through this hypocrisy like a sheet of glass.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure in any marriage we need a little negotiating room. A marriage full of ultimatums doesn't last long. Me, personally, is only little carrot I would offer so that this raisin-gonad weasel of a man can keep his precious JW image going while doing the right thing.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

My husband senses how much I stiffen when he tells me how he will have to treat her if this goes through

Remarkable how a parent can turn their back on a child over religious differences.

Even more remarkable that he somehow must wait on 3 non-members (men) of his family to dictate his continued emotional support for his daughter almost as though he is not capable of forming his own opinion regardless.

Your house in in turmoil and I feel sorry for you and your step daughter. I feel sorrow for the others.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

It's amazing how they can claim to be a true Christian organization with this type of behavior.

This goes to show you how unscriptural the whole disfellowshipping concept is:

1 Cor 4:3-5: But with me it is a very small thing (trivial matter - NWT) that I should be judged by you or by any human court. I do not even judge myself.
    4: I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me. 5: Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then every man will receive his commendation from God.

Romans 14:4: Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Master is able to make him stand.

Matt 7:1: "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2: For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. 3: Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

How conveniently these scriptures fell through the cracks when establishing the DF doctrine.

Wish you the best in making it through this unnecessary madness.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I figure in any marriage we need a little negotiating room. A marriage full of ultimatums doesn't last.

I understand....but we're not negotiating whether or not the mate wants ham or bacon with his eggs in the morning. There should not be much negotiating to do, if any at all when it comes the the physical and emotional well being of his kids, specifically if all thats being negotiated is how he gets to go about propping up of his image within his JW peers.

• prophecor
  • Rayvin
    Rayvin

yea... i am a bit confused on what exactly she is supposed to decide.

I feel for your daughter. I was also told that my parents needed to be careful about the association w/ me once i was Df'd. How sick!!!

And because I married a Df'd person my dad didn't give me a dance at my own wedding. He only stayed for the ceremony.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I feel your pain. My ex-dubsman basically shuns all four of our children because I'm dfd. It's a horrible thing for them to have to live through. He has no idea how much his behaviour is hurting them .

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sweet tee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit