3 hour tour - my sd interrogation.

by wordlywife 48 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

My poor step-daughter went through what is called a JC meeting, 3 hours worth. They have given her a week to decide before they df her. She is only 18. Gads. My husband senses how much I stiffen when he tells me how he will have to treat her if this goes through. I sense a big discussion coming on, and I feel like blasting this stupid shunning business! Arg!!! I'm so mad!

Worldly wife

• daystar
    daystar

Good ole Judicial Commitee meetings. Gotta love 'em!

I feel for what your step-daughter is facing.

• kls
    kls
    I stiffen when he tells me how he will have to treat her if this goes through

This is the part that really gets me " how he will Have to treat her" just goes to show the mindcontrol if a person cannot decide on their own how to treat a loved one.

Sorry Wordlywife that you are and will have to go through this because of a cult .(((( hugs to your stepdaughter)))))

• willyloman
    willyloman

I can imagine no justification for circumstances under which an 18 year old girl is held in a room with three middle-aged men who feel they have free rein to pry into her personal affairs and innermost thoughts. Unless she's been arrested for murder. Or lives in a third-world country.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Wordly Wife,

Sorry for your pain and what your step-daughter has to go through. Stuff like this makes me so angry.

PS I like your avatar...brought back memories of my childhood. I used to watch Davey and Goliath all the time.

DIMPLES

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i feel for you daughter. i was only 17 the first time i got ds'fd. the only people who would talk to me in my family was my mother and father. it was awful. the worst part was when i would get depressed, my mother would say that they were doing it b/c they loved me...sick.

hugs for you and u'r daughter (((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))

luv, jojo

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    They have given her a week to decide before they df her.

I don't know if you've posted her 'crime', but a WEEK? Surely after 3 hours (blimey, that's longer than a meeting!) they can SEE whether THEY think (and I use the word 'think' very loosely) she's repentant - or are they just enjoying stringing it out for her?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    They have given her a week to decide before they df her.

Sorry if I'm just being dense here, but, They've given her a week before they decide upon whether or not to df her or they've given her a week to show some type of repentence or change before they make make the decision.

Regardless of the issue, it's incomprehensible for me to think that 3 grown men would feel that they've the right to corner a young woman in a room and "wet dream" themselves listening to all her innermost thoughts. If something like this were ever tried with a daughter of mine, there would be some serious "foot in a$$" action going on.

And, pardon me for saying, but your silly weak a$$ "follow the leader\ no balls" hubby not being able to make up his own mind how he'll treat someone......

How do you stand it......

• garybuss
    garybuss

My shunning was an interesting time. The Witnesses started shunning me, then I invited the elders to MY meeting, they didn't show up and I disfellowshipped THEM. Any who have been mean to me, or my friends, or my family, are being shunned for life. If there's an afterlife, we'll settle up there. If there's not an afterlife, then none of this really matters, does it?
    To a Witness who would like to shun me, I say: Make my day!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Worldlywife, if this man were my husband I think the only compromise I would make is that he can ignore her in the presence of other JW's. If he refused to provide loving care to his own daughter (outside of Witness view), I'd be strongly tempted to stack all his worldly goods on the back porch, set up a cot with a sleeping bag and tell him he's shunned until he comes to his senses.

The whole shunning business is a hill worth dying on.

His daughter desperately needs to hear that her own father will love her no matter what. Whatever it takes, try and get that through your hubby's thick skull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit