Anyone pronouncing the wicked one righteous.........

by defd 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

As little respect as I have for the WTS, I do always try to attribute quotations from their publications correctly. Perhaps defd should speak with his elders about his unauthorized and unattributed quotation of copyrighted Watchtower publications on an "apostate" discussion board.

w04 4/1 p. 11 Resist the Spirit of a Changing World ***

7 Amid a world that is becoming increasingly entrenched in its opposition to God, it would be wise for us to look at our own attitude and values. Periodically, we should prayerfully and honestly examine ourselves to make sure that we are not gradually drifting away from Jehovah’s thinking and standards. We might, for example, ask ourselves: ‘Do I entertain myself with subject matter that I would have shunned some years ago? Have I become more tolerant of practices that God condemns? Am I inclined to regard spiritual matters less seriously than I did in the past? Does the way I live show that I put Kingdom interests first in my life?’ (Matthew 6:33) Such reflections will help us to resist the spirit of the world.

• caligirl
    caligirl

So many great replies, I especially liked Little Toe, Sunspot and AK-Jeff. Here Here!

The bible tells us not to be afraid of the false prophets. It tells us not to listen to any who profess a gospel not contained in the scriptures.

1 John 4: 1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I followed this advice, tested what I was taught my whole life and found that what I was being fed was "beyond what is written", a perverted gospel not contained in scripture. Therefore, what is not contained in the scripture cannot be from God and I have nothing to fear from these men, these false prophets.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Have I become more tolerant of practices that God condemns?
    Does the way I live show that I put Kingdom interest 1st in my life?

Perhaps Defd you could rephase your questions to:

Have I become more tolerant of practices that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society condemns?

Does the way I live show that I put the Watchtower Bible and Tract Societies interests 1st in my life?

Have a great weekend Defd. May you get lots of contributions in the field ministry and add to the ridiculous wealth of your beloved organisation.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What d'ya wanna bet this is one of those "drive-by" "hit 'n run" posters?

I could ask the "hit 'n runner" if they still have the part of John 8 in FINE print and unmentioned in any of their publications, obviously hoping that people wouldn't notice that Jesus advocated MERCY, of which they have none, when they publicly defame a young pioneer sister for copulating with a young brother, describing the act GRAPHICALLY and merely reproved the brother, to the tune of her heartbroken cries.

Not to mention the unchecked rapists and pedophiles that exist unchallenged with YOU. What a clean and gawd-fearing borganization!

Noel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Everyone who dies Goes to hell.(Besides those with the heavenly calling)

defd:

Surely the "heavenly calling" is the only salvation that Christ taught?

Are you able to show us in scripture i.e. the New Testament, any other?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ah, nothing like the Daily Text to get the day started!

On a positive note, last night over dinner our 9-year-old asked, "How do we know God really exists?" and we four had a beautiful discussion about that. It was so great to be able to talk without any belief handicaps and to tell our son sincerely that this was something he would have to decide for himself, based on what he sees around him and what he feels in his heart. Jennie (our 11-year-old) is developing an interest in Buddhism. Jackson (our 9-year-old) is just starting to question life around him. We talked about whether the Bible was inspired or just a collection of books written by men, the compilation of such also decided by men (the Council of Nicea).

We also told them that, no matter what they end up believing, they have a responsibility before the universe to be good people, not to hurt or take advantage of others, and try to keep their part of the earth as clean as possible. I would like to teach them responsibility because it's the right thing to do, not because a higher power demands it.

Nina

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Ah, nothing like the Daily Text to get the day started!

I sure hope we're not treated to a cut&paste of the Day's Text each day!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the "loyal" dubs manage to avoid it!

• Gill
    Gill

Defd! Don't be shy now! Have you been writing for the Watchtower recently! You have such a 'way' with your prose!

Personally, I've found the Watchtower and Awake mags that my parents bring round absolutely excellent for starting barbecue fires. They burn beautifully!

Sadly, and seriously now, the bible is full of all kinds of 'nasty crap', especially in the old Testament. The god of the old testament was always doing really terrible things himself, and making all kinds of terrible, nasty intolerant rules, especially against women.

Do not feel that you need to wreck your life by following this dreadful bull shit. Liberate yourself from all that 'nastiness' and see for yourself that essentially, in their hearts, most people are good, kind, sensitive and loving. Why would God want to destroy them all just because they don't bore their asses off at the KH three times a week and don't sell the WTBTS literature. Not very likely is it?!

Good luck in your adventurous thinking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit