Anyone pronouncing the wicked one righteous.........

by defd 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defd
    defd

and anyone pronouncing the righteous one wicked-even both of them are something detestble to Jehovah, says proverbs 17:15

Amid a world that is becoming entrenched in its opposition to God, it would be wise for us to look at our own attitude and values. Periodically, we should examine ourselves to make sure we are not gradually drifting away from Jehovahs thinking and standards. We might for example ask ourselves: Have I become more tolerant of practices that God condemns? Am I inclined to take spiritual matters less seriously than I did in the past? Does the way I live show that I put Kingdom interest 1st in my life? Such reflection will help us to resist the spirit of the world.

• kls
    kls
    Amid a world that is becoming entrenched in its opposition to God,

Why does this sound so wt to me

• rem
    rem

Dude, have you even read the Hebrew Scriptures? God's thinking and standards are pretty whack!

rem

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Thanks for that nugget of JW hogwash dfed.

I don't think anything of what anyone but myself is doing.To be as stupid as to think my opinion of someones lifestyle matters is arrogant and judgemental.I'll leave that to death itself.See you in hell.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:We might for example ask ourselves: Have I become more tolerant of practices that God condemns? Am I inclined to take spiritual matters less seriously than I did in the past? Does the way I live show that I put Kingdom interest 1st in my life?

We also might for example ask ourselves: Do I really give a shit about anything an ancient book of mythology condemns? Am I inclined to have casual sex with total strangers and love myself for doing it? Does the way I live make ignorant religious cultist's cringe because they are too afraid of imaginary tribal dieties to let themselves be happy?

GBL

• undercover
    undercover
    Amid a world that is becoming entrenched in its opposition to God...

What's different about this "world" today compared to the "world" of any other time in history?

The Israelites were a small nation compared to the rest of the pagan world, Christians were outnumbered by Romans let alone the rest of the world and JWs are outnumbered by Mormons who are outnumbered by Catholics who are outnumbered by Muslims. What's different between then and now?

Have I become more tolerant of practices that God condemns?
    You should look in the mirror and ask that. If God uses the WTS organization on earth today and that organization has determined that associating with apostates is a sin, as obviously directed by God, then you would have to admit that you have become more tolerant of a practice that God condemns by coming here.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

John 8:3 - 11(NWT):

Now the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught at adultery, and, after standing her in their midst, they said to him: "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of committing adultery. In the Law Moses prescribed for us to stone such sort of women. What, really, do you say?"

Of course, they were saying this to put him to the test, in order to have something with which to accuse him. But Jesus bent down and began to write with his finger in the ground.

When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: "Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her." And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground.

But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst.

Straightening up, Jesus said to her: "Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?" She said: "No one, sir." Jesus said: "Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more."

1Cor.4:5 (NWT):

Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    even both of them are something detestble to Jehovah, says proverbs 17:15

it's okay, jehovah is DETESTABLE to me.

Amid a world that is becoming entrenched in its opposition to God

all praise to jahdawkins!

it would be wise for us to look at our own attitude and values.

good one dfed. why don't you start with yourself?

Have I become more tolerant of practices that God condemns?

oh YES!

Am I inclined to take spiritual matters less seriously than I did in the past?

...YES!

Does the way I live show that I put Kingdom interest 1st in my life?

damnit! you broke my rhythm! i live in a way that actively trys to sabotage kindumb interests. i look forward to kicking jehovah's, and jesus' asses at the battle of the great day. AND THEN ALL MUST BOW DOWN BEFORE TETRAPOD.SAPIEN!! BWAHA HA HA HA! even you dfed. you will bow before me, just as Jehovah shall bow before me!

Such reflection will help us to resist the spirit of the world.
    the what of the world? did you say "spirit of the world"? he he he...
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It is possible to be a good person without your WT lessons, you know.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Love ya, GBL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit