In 70 words or less - Tell one person the 'truth about the Truth'...

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• myelaine
    myelaine

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (2thess2:8-10)

michelle

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Ask yourself, Why, if we're so close to the end, does a billion dollar corperation still ask for money, while developing, builoding and buying property in Brooklyn? Surely, they could sell up and use the money for the 'final push'.

steve

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear stevenyc,

When we talk about "the truth about the Truth" we are talking about peoples LIVES. Money is no comparison.

michelle

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

myelaine,

I think that power is the real truth behind the truth of this organization.

steve

• myelaine
    myelaine

steveyc,

you said: I think that power is the real truth behind the truth of this organization.

?could you be more vague?

michelle

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"I'm sure that, as a faithful Witness of Jehovah, you have 'honoured Jehovah with your valuable things' by contributing money to his 'spirit directed' organization. Do you believe Jehovah is happy to see this money used to protect convicted child molesters? Or would it be better spent helping the victims recover? Does it bother your bible trained conscience to know that you are contributing to the defense of child molesters?" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/95487/1.ashx

W

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear finally-free,

Most JW's don't consider their hard earned money to be spent protecting child molesters, and the thought is repugnant. They are blinded.

michelle

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Ha! myelaine asked somebody if they could be more vague! now that's funny!

My 70 word thing... They don't allow their followers to do any research outside of their own publications or read anything by former members. Questioning and doubting are considered worse sins than killing a child or pushing a grandmother in front of a speeding Hummer.

• myelaine
    myelaine

itsallgoodnow,

I thought it was pretty funny too, once it was posted. I hope steveyc isn't working up a more picturesque answer.

michelle

• jaredg
    jaredg

I was actually thinking about this last night. I was thinking about how even though my relationship with my parents is pretty good despite me being disfellowshipped, I still hate that every time I see them or talk to them that they tell me that they still have hope for me coming back despite how much I tell them that I will not. So the next time they try and put the guilt trip on me and tell me that they can't be happy until I come back I'm going to say...

"Listen! The fact that you guys are so unhappy because of a religion that encourages you to shun your own son, is enough for me to never want to be a part of that religion again. If you would do some research for yourself in books, not published by the WTS, you would find out that scripture can have mutliple interpretations and sometimes the interpretations make more sense then the interpretation given by the WTS. And if you do some research into the history of the Bible and Christianity you'll find that it's built on very shaky ground. You must come to the realization that you are unhappy because of the religion that you choose to follow, not because of me. And don't telll me that the BIble says this and that becasue I don't even believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God. So this is where we stand. You can take it or leave it but know this. I am a good person and I believe that when it comes to good people vs. bad people that I am on God's side. I don't have all the answers for what is going to happen when we die or what the future holds but I do have enough confidence to trust in God that whatever does happed he will take care of me. I'm sorry that our relationship as a family is comprimised but please open your eyesto see the REAL reason why it is."

Jared

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit