In 70 words or less - Tell one person the 'truth about the Truth'...

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• myelaine
    myelaine

No one calls for justice, nor does any plead for truth. They trust in empty words and speak lies; they conceive evil and bring forth iniquity. They hatch vipers' eggs and weave the spider's web; he who eats of their eggs dies, and from that which is crushed a viper breaks out. Their webs will not become garments, nor will they cover themselves with their works; their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands. Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths. The way of peace they have not known, and there is no justice in their ways; they have made themselves crooked paths; whoever takes that way shall not know peace. (Isaiah 59:4-8)

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

An astonishing and horrible thing has been committed in the land: the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their own power; and My people love to have it so.

But what will you do in the end? (Jeremiah 5:30-31)

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Thanks for featuring my username in your subject....

Anyways, this should be enough to debunk the "faithful and discreet slave/Governing Body concept. IMO, if this is dubunked, everything else comes crashing down like a house of cards.

They always taught us at the service meetings that the most effective way of teaching is using the scriptures to speak for itself and rhetorical questions making ppl think right? Well here you go.

This is less than 70 words minus the citations.

Where is a middleman between us and Jesus in this scripture?

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Shouldn't it say: "by me through a faithful and discreet slave class?"

OK, Jesus is the vine, we are the branches. Where is the piece between the vine and the branches?

John 15:5: I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Shouldn't it say: "I am the vine, the FDS are the branches and you are the fruit or whatever else is dangling from the branch"?

Let's play a game. Where's Waldo? Can you find the word "class" in this passage?

Matt 24:45: "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?

Read the context. Is it REALLY an antitypical prophecy? Or is it a parable?

1 John 4:1: Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Based on the above, what is the result of the test?

• myelaine
    myelaine

results of the above test.....

Total darkness is reserved for his treasures. An unfanned fire will consume him; it shall go ill with him who is left in his tent.

The heavens shall reveal his iniquity, and the earth will rise up against him. The increase of his house will depart, and his goods will flow away in the day of His wrath. this is the portion from God for a wicked man, the heritage appointed to him by God. (Job 20:26-29)

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

So you shall say to them, "This is a nation that does not obey the voice of the LORD their God nor receive correction. Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth."(Jer 7:28)

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

myelaine said:

steveyc,

you said: I think that power is the real truth behind the truth of this organization.

?could you be more vague?

michelle

OK, I'll try and make it easy for you. I think Paster Russell was honest in his beliefs. However misguided they were. That is where the honesty of this belief system ended. Since Rutherford a billion dollar corperation has been made in the eastern states of America, fueled and funded by millions of duped people. The real controllers of this organization, not the GB but the hidden suits, know what a pile of crap they are spilling out. But they will not change it. Why does this happen. In a word, POWER. If they believed their teachings of imminent global distruction then they would not have invested the millions of dollars here in Brooklyn heights over the last 15 years. They are still investing big bucks into the area. WHY? if world is at its end. Why? MONEY!!!!!! Lot of it. Lots and lots and lots. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ weeeeee Money $$$$$$!!!!!!!! steve ps I hope that wasnt too vague for you.
  • myelaine
    myelaine

dear steveyc,

So, everyone that has or is a member of the org has been drawn in by the "power" of money? NO, joe blow wouldn't buy into it, because he sees no reward for himself. The org was built and is sustained by fear. To be exact, fear of the unknown. sometimes I think that the people continue to "throw money" at the org in hopes that the Devil will go away "for them" and then they can sit on their thrones and say see we were right. it's just a thought mind you.

In any case, in a "religious org" as they are known to be, power over the people is held in the "spiritual realm." The people believe that the org holds their very lives in their hands and they must cleave to the org. to have any "spiritual" significance.

their power is in their ability to tear people down so that they can be there to prop them up with their doctrines.

their lack of power shows in that they just prop them up, they can't really help people stand and run on their own..

michelle

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Only people who've lived a life being abused already or see an opportunity to widen their arena of abuse to others are attracted to it. It helps to destroy faith, families and lives.

Noel

• anewme
    anewme

The Watchtower Society had once led us all to believe it is Gods slave on earth. How did they do this?
    How did they mesmerize us into giving up careers, family, adventure and fun to sit in Kingdom Halls all over the earth?
    Was it the constant return visit program that wore us down?
    The Watchtower and Awake mags with their seemingly well researched articles?
    Was it the smiles at the Kingdom Halls and Conventions?
    Was it the paradise earth???? Our beautiful earth brought back to bountiful perfection again?
    Was it the madness of the times that made us take refuge in a strict ruled cult?
    I dont know for sure in my case. Maybe all of the above.
    Never gave them any money though.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Never gave them any money though.

^5's, anewme! Me either. I must have subconciously never trusted them when they refuted some bible scripture from the "get-go." I'm just really sorry that I ever got anyone else interested in their "spoof" or even more importantly subjected my children to them.

Noel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit