In 70 words or less - Tell one person the 'truth about the Truth'...

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Without use of profanity, vulgarity, or sarcasm. Tell this hypothetical person who is still a dyed in the wool witness clearly why he/she should leave. Do it in such a way that he/she will not bolt for the door screaming "Get behind me Satan" - in other words, use tact to anti-witness.

Jeff

• daystar
    daystar

This is really tough, but I'll give it a shot.

mmm... hmmm... ahhh... nope, can't do it. What I do is subtly place specially loaded bits of information into their minds in order to seed questions. Over time, this is the most effective way to urge their mind to doubt. This is the beginning. The doubt will grow in secret. They will begin to see more and more of the unTruth that the WTS preaches. Perhaps they begin to research on their own. Eventually, if they have a heart that truly seeks Truth, their eyes will be opened.

70 words or less, for me, would be too blunt since I could sum up the JW "Truth" in one word: Lie.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    In 70 words or less - Tell one person the 'truth about the Truth'...

It's a lie!!!!!!!!!!

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

kind of hard to do when they wont talk to you

• Honesty
    Honesty

They have to experience JW love and compassion for others before they will even consider the Governing Body is not from God because to a faithful JW, the Governing Body is God. If they are then true to their heart seeds of 'truth about the truth' can be planted along with real Bible truth. But God has to make it all grow in their hearts for the real truth to become manifest to them.

• blondie
    blondie

First, have they been suffering cognitive dissonance regarding the organization?

If so, get them to talk to you about what disturbs them.

Then you will know what to spend your time and 70 words talking about.

Blondie

• SadElder
    SadElder

A lot of refuse and striving after the wind.

• Terry
    Terry

1. It is intellectual dishonesty to expect people of other religions to listen with an open mind and read JW literature when JW's won't do the same.

2.There is no fact to support the essential doctrine of 1914 and Jesus' return. If there was you could find it in non-JW reference material. It is a fraud. Originally it was based on adventist chronology and supported by the Great Pyramid measurements.

3.The Governing body denies Christians that the bible was written for them as well as participating in the only commanded celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal.

4.100% of the Watchtower prophecies have been publicized as "god's words and not man's" yet, EVERY ONE OF THEM WAS DEMONSTRABLY WRONG.

5.False prophets cannot run clean religious organizations.

That's probably more than 70 words.

T.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Come on Terry, that's 123 words (not counting your paragraph numbers). Cut it down man, 70 words no more.

Actually, I loved it, very well put and succint.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power. (2 thess1:6-9)

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit