would you go back ??

by orangefatcat 52 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

"A man's mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimension." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Mary
    Mary
    I'd rather have bamboo shoots pushed under my toenails. I'd rather feed my own hand into a meat grinder.

Soooo.......GBL, you're thinkin' of goin' back eh?

I'd go back if they changed the doctrines and cut out 3/4 of the meetings and apologized for all the pain and suffering they've needlessly caused........I miss "going to church" so to speak and I know that eventually I'll probably try another religion.......that's just me. I can't imagine going the rest of my life and not attending a "church" so to speak. I watch one guy on TV on Sundays----I think his name is Charles Stanley, or something like that. He's not one of those wacky TV Evangalists, but his sermons are more normal.

• trevor
    trevor

The other day someone on this board was kind enough to point that I was arrogant and would make a good elder. Flattered as I am I don’t think I would qualify. I could never go back.

Even as a Jehovah’s Witnesses I could not go along with the shunning thing and got in trouble more than once for refusing to comply. Also I could never accept the idea that we were better than others because we read the badly written Watchtower magazine. Looking back it seems ridiculous to have believed such nonsense but then I was brought up a Witness. There was so much hypocrisy and it never added up.

I could never again accept the loss of freedom that being a Jehovah’s Witnesses entails. I am shunned by all my relatives except one - that is 43 people. I have great empathy for all these people who I loved who never broke free. They are wasting their lives and I feel like the lucky one who broke out of jail.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Not now I've taken the red pill.......

• gumby
    gumby

Anyone who would return after claiming they left because they found the organisation to be bogus.....

...either NEVER really came to a full understanding as to WHY the organisation is bogus....or, they are willing to live and act out a lie for convienence ( gain their family and friends back).... or self sanity they believe they cannot achieve outside it's walls.

Gumby

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    They are wasting their lives and I feel like the lucky one who broke out of jail.

Trevor - my sentiments precisely.

(crumpet of the terribly attracted to arrogant men class)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

For me to go back, they would have to start believing in a fiery hell. It would then have to freeze over!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i would go back if they would go back to nature and all meetigs must be attended naked.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LMAO @ GBL and Funkyderek's posts!! I know my co-workers hear me!

• defd
    defd

i would go back if they would go back to nature and all meetigs must be attended naked.

Crumpet we are trying to get people to COME to the meetings.

D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit