Very Very sad. Typical Jdub Love

by Ticker 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

I wanted to share this recent incident and It really pi$$es me off. How the Jdubs can spout they have genuine love. Well read on and see how they treat their "faithful elderly members."

I called my Grandfather yesterday who is a believing but inactive JW due to health reasons. He is 83 and in very poor health and is alone since his wife died 3 years ago. I talked to him for awhile and he still misses her very much, of course he mentioned his beliefs about the kingdom. I didn't have the heart to tell him anything different as he is still hoping that kingdom will come soon. He still believes in the 1914 generation and doesn't realize it has changed. I just couldn't tell him that its not going to come, I suppose at that age it would be a real heartbreaker for him.

I asked him if he recieved any company or visitors. "No", he said. He continued, "Only a get the magazines and they only stop long enough to deliver them and then their off." Now I couldn't hold back, I told him thats rediculous. Him and his wife dedicated all their lives to that religion, pioneered and supported that religion and its members, and they can't be bothered to take the time out to visit them even once! Rather they just mozy on by and drop off some mags when already out in service and counting time. Now he's alone in poor health and they can't even be bothered to have a real conversation with him but rather just idle chit chat and off to the next door. This is disgusting! You know I knew the JW's had no real love but this really takes the cake. I guess thats the norm for how they treat the "old faithful." When they are no longer healthy enough to attend and have to listen over the phone, or can no longer help indoctrinate others through door to door, they are considered dead weight and dropped like a rock. This is absolutely the sickest and one of the most distrubing examples I have personally seen exemplifying the two faced organization that the JW's really are. Preach one thing practice another. Typical and shouldn't surprise I suppose.

Ticker

• defd
    defd

Ticker i am sorry for that. You are right. Most of the "friends" I know are the same way. However i made it my FIRM resolve not to be like them. If we know how to do what is right and yet do not do it, it is a sin for us. I wont let that slow me down in my worship to God and discipleship of Jesus.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You will be able to identify God's one and only true people by the love they show for each other.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Defd, "Ticker i am sorry for that. You are right. Most of the "friends" I know are the same way. However i made it my FIRM resolve not to be like them. If we know how to do what is right and yet do not do it, it is a sin for us. I wont let that slow me down in my worship to God and discipleship of Jesus." That's good you wont let it slow you down in your worship. I know that you wouldn't let that happen to any of the older ones in your congregation, defd. Unfortunately there are thousand's in the organization who don't have the luxury of being in your congregation. For JW's its all about "my" worship. That's why the oldsters are on thier own, its "thier" worship or problem. I'll never forget the parts on the DC program in 1994 about helping the elderly, how elders should access needs and set the example of helping them with tasks. NOT tasks of going out in the ministry primarily but physical needs. Wasted words on the survival of the fittest club. They dont beleive in evolution but they certainly act like it. The old are sloughed off and left in the dust. Your devotion to God and dicipleship of Jesus will be viewed as resplendant I'm sure. Go get 'em. W.Once

• Ellie
    Ellie

Thats awful, you should contact them about it, tell them how disgusting this looks to outsiders.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ticker -

Sorry to hear that report.

I have seen many examples of that same type of conduct among the congregations. Jesus said that the identifying mark would be 'love among yourselves' - it was the clear proof that such did not exist among Jehovah's witnesses that made wifey and I take a good look - and after 40 years of slavedom - and then to leave.

My mother was in much the same situation as your Grandfather. She believed it to be the 'truth' till the day she died last year. I did not have the heart to tell her we had 'faded'. She was inactive, and treated as non-existent by the so-called Christian witnesses. I tried to get the Service asshole overseer to set up a study with her [while I was still in and strong], but he refused to bother with her. She was very sick, and I don't think a single witness ever visited her for years. When she died, although wifey and I are still not DF'd or DA'd, not a single witness came to the funeral home except for two, and those only came due to my personal invite. NO CARDS, NOT A PHONE CALL, NO FLOWERS, to anyone in the family, even though we had all been witnesses for decades.

These people think that they are honoring Jesus in the love they show. Some like defd think that a personal vow to show love will help 'reform' this cult eventually. While that may be commendable, it is of course wrong-headed. There will be no reform of this group. High control cults do not reform. They just control. Those who see it for what it is eventually leave. Like Jim Jones and David Koresh, the cult leaders just refuse to give up control.

You are right - there is not any true love - like that commanded by Jesus - among Jehovah's witnesses.

Thanx for sharing your story here. I hope you are able to spend as much time with your Grandpa, and show him all the love you can. He deserves love.

Jeff

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Ticker - sadly this doesn't surprise me. Don't even 'elders' visit? What about PRACTICAL help as he's alone?

Ellie - you should contact them about it, tell them how disgusting this looks to outsiders

On the contrary, I think they're giving a great witness to outsiders. Also, Christians shouldn't need to be TOLD what is Christian behaviour. If I was in that position, I wouldn't want a begrudging visitor, and Grandfather Ticker has already worked out that they don't want to spend time with him.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ticker)))))

I'm so sorry.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    You will be able to identify God's one and only true people by the love they show for each other.

......as long as you're making all the cult indoctrinating meetings and having a full-share in service.

Misery loves company don'tcha know!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ya, well, since the scrip doesn't say that, I guess that proves they aren't really god's people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit