Very Very sad. Typical Jdub Love

by Ticker 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I know of a case which unfolded in exactly the same way. A sister in her 90s who was bed ridden had visitors only to leave magazines with her and then shoot off... i used to go and sit with her once in a while, usually once a month, just to have a chat with her about good old times, how she used to ride a bike to do the ministry in the late 20s, how the building across the road was bombed in the 2nd World War and they put up an ugly block of appartments in its place which soon filled with poorer teenage, one-parent families, who didnt discipline their children and how she saw graffiti start creeping into the area, and a general decrease in the prestige of the area. It was fascinating.

I'd always end up sitting there for a good 2 hours, just listening to her and sharing my own experience with her. She used to appreciate the magazines, but got really get upset that since people don't see her anymore at the Hall, they can't be bothered to come around for a chat or drink. Later, a program was put in place where an elder would visit an older one in the congregation, but obviously, due to its programmed, scheduled nature and not being done out of genuine concern, it soon fizzled out... The sister is still alive but has moved to a city further up the country...

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

This reminds me of that scripture the Jdubs quote daily--"this is how you will know my true disciples, showing love among themselves" or something like that.

Biggest HYPOCRITES on the planet! The Mormons are so much more giving to the community and their country than the Jdumbs are.

• willyloman
    willyloman

We were on the phone a few years back with friends from an old congo we attended in another state. The conversation got be along the lines of "whatever happened to..." with one name leading to a recollection of another, and so on. When the name of a certain family came up I asked whatever happened to the elderly sister who lived near them. I was told she had a slight stroke after her husband died and she was in a nursing home. This family lived about 30 miles out in the "rural territory" of this particular congo, and the nursing home she was in was in yet another city, about 15 miles from the congo (a 15-20 minute drive). She'd been in the home for about two years.

The dubs I was talking to had once been pretty good "friends" with this elderly couple and comforted the woman when the husband died. I asked how she was doing in the nursing home and they said they "thought" she was doing fairly well, but hadn't had time to visit for awhile. I asked how long since they'd seen here and there was a long pause. The man said it had been a month or so, but his wife, on the other line, blurted out that it had been many months (she reminded him of the date of their last visit, as it was around the time of a district convention, and that was about six or seven months earlier).

The man quickly added that "the friends in ____" (the congo nearest the nursing home in the other city) looked in on her regularly. Of course, no one there even knew her, so I imagine those visits, if they took place at all, were infrequent and impersonal.

The poor woman's situation was made worse, I suppose, by the fact that her husband had been ill for three or four years and that, coupled with the fact they were 30 miles from the KH, led to sporadic meeting attendance. Still, they'd both been "in the truth" for decades. But I think their semi-inactive status during those last few years caused the congo's dub radar to start beeping, and they just wrote them off. Dubs do that, you know; it's pretty much a "what have you done for Jehovah lately" kind of outfit.

[Defd, of course, would have visited her regularly.]

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Ticker:

I am sorry to hear about what your relative is experiencing at the hands of the most loving people in the world (now let me go throw up!!)

I don't care if I have to say this a thousand times. Their "love" is conditional. That means it was never real love in the first place. Let me repeat: IT WAS NEVER REAL!! (It is akin to the "friendship" some people think they have on a secular job only LESS so. It is not the real thing but a facsimile. It is simply forced phoniness or obligation.)

In spite of this sometimes real love or friendships can develop. The sad part is that it is precarious.

I would be leery if they DID attempt to get friendly with an elderly relative of mine!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ticker

I am as well sorry to hear that. It really is a religion with "lack of love"!

• delilah
    delilah

Ticker, I am sorry for the way your grandfather is being treated. Unfortunately, it is happening to my grandparents as well, and they were the pillars of the congregation at one time. It is disgusting, how these elderly are treated, once they become older and more feeble. The congregation all but forgets about them, except for the odd "sister" who visits with the latest mags.....Yup, it's real, true Agape, let me tell you. Just do what I do, make sure you can spend as much quality time with them, and enjoy their company. They thrive on it, and look forward to the visits.

Delilah

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

All eyes are on the Witnesses, so they think. Reproach on Jehovah if you sin they cry. We are the example to the world for true worship they believe. Etc. etc. etc.

The stage is set they are all phony actors, true Thespians only they don’t know it.

HCM

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Ticker. I'm sorry that things aren't nowhere near what they need to be for your eldely loved one. We, as a rule, are very callous towards our older parents and loved ones, not speaking from a witness perspective, but from a western one. They're often deemed a burden. No one wants to have to care for the frail and elderly. Maybe they don't like looking in the window of time, seeing that they too will wind up in a degenerative condition as such. The lack of sincere care and concern, goes lost on a generation who not only need it, but deserve it the most. Our seniors should be treated with honour, dignity and respect. It's the only right thing to do

• JH
    JH

Thats so sad Ticker.

I had a JW aunt in her late 70's and she was in the hospital. Her DF'd 80 year old husband went every day to be with her and talk to her and give her whatever she needed, and very rarely did the JW's go see her. Maybe if she would have been an elders wife, things would have been different.

• daystar
    daystar

Ticker,

I'm sorry to hear that your grandfather is being treated with less than real love by the congregation. My retired father stays home with my mother, who has been battling cancer for years now. He does the best he can to take care of her and still make the meetings. No one ever comes to visit from the congregation other than only occasionally, during service. I'm sure that when my mother passes, it will be even more infrequent.

I feel your pain, and I really, really understand the anger you're feeling about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit