Very Very sad. Typical Jdub Love

by Ticker 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I wish I could help him more often myself but I live along distance from my grandfather and don't often have the chance to get down their. He was very happy to talk to me though and told me it really made his day. Im glad I cheered him up a bit. I couldn't help but tell him I thought it was awful the way they were abandoning him, but of course he excused their actions saying "they were just getting caught up in the world." I thought to myself "that is no damn excuse for their actions!"

Don't even 'elders' visit? What about PRACTICAL help as he's alone?

No no one visits unless you call dropping a couple mags off and 30 seconds of chit chat a visit. We have been able to get someone to help him out, and this person is not a JW. This person shows more care and interest for him then the JW's have ever shown or demonstrated.

Their was a mention of conditional love and thats so true. Their love is conditioned on your full participation in their sales marketing team, aka. field service. I just think its bloody sick that they would apply these same conditions to someone this age who can not possibly walk well never mind go door to door. I blame the arseholes at the top of the pyramid for this treatment, maybe they should be abandoned in their old age instead of the pampering they probably recieve in the ivory tower.

Ticker

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Since this new person taking care of him is not a JW, and since you are not one and trying to help him, maybe he'll get the idea without you having to break his heart by telling him the real truth about the truth. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep praying for you and grandfather, man. Hang in there.

• hurt dave
    hurt dave

the love that is shown is sad indeed because it is a fake kind of love, they only love and accept you for what you believe but not for who you are.

makes me very sad

• Ticker
    Ticker

It is hurtful. And welcome to the forum Dave. Nice to have new ones here.

Ticker

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Ticker,

I'm sorry to hear what your grandfather is going through. My mother went through something similar when my father was ill. She was getting no support at all from the cong and it was really wearing her down and my father was very lonely - he really loved to have people around him.

She finally went to the elders and begged for help. She did get some help for a while, with meals being prepared, hospital visits etc. Once he was home (but still bedridden) the visits and meals stopped. There was two brothers that came by once in a while and stayed for a bit, but there really should have been more visits.

It's such a sad situation, and sadly it sounds like these are not isolated incidents.

BB

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The way the JW's treat their elderly and ill is so different than what I've experienced and watched in other religions.

For instance, when my husbands mother was diagnosed with cancer, the women from her church never left her alone from that day until 2 years later when she died. There was church members there everyday, even at the end when hospice came it, there were 2 to 25 people there with her around the clock. Food was continusly brought in, people were always stopping to visit or say prayers.

A woman that I work with invited me to her church. There was a part during the service that the speaker asked if anyone had someone that needed special prayers. Several people raised their hands and gave names of their friends or families that was sick or in the hospital, out of work, ect. that needed prayers. A prayer was given and each person was individually named during the prayer...then at the end of the service, the women gathered together to prepare for..... (for lack of a better word) field service. Where they planned which days each group of women with 2 to 4 to a group would go visit the sick and elderly and take meals. Everyday of the week was covered.

Lisa

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

They never loose track of the big picture, which is why we see things like this happening all the time with JWs. Finding new followers is more important than spending a little time with aging followers who can't really do anything for them anymore, it's all about "what have you done for me lately" and all that. Charity work is kept to a minimum, with an emphasis on "more bang for your buck" which is why they like to focus on something that might get them in the newpapers, like disaster relief. Everything else is not emphasized, which to most JWs means, discouraged

What's love got to do with it, you know?

• Ticker
    Ticker

Exactly Love has nothing to do with it. Just another damn typical cult.

Ticker

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

That is so sad, i am so sorry for what they are doing to him. I thought the elderly were suppose to be the wise amoung the flock, to learn from. It truly shows how much love they have amoung them in their actions.

Char

• vitty
    vitty

They talk the the talk, but dont walk the walk

They constantly talk about love, in the mags and on the platform, but it never happens in reality.

one example (I know of loads more) There was a lone sister who was terribly depressed, and struggling financially. She asked the elders for some help doing her garden and some jobs round the house. He said no, the brothers are far too busy!

Which in fact they are, my husband was a servant for a few years, and with all the assiments he had and a full time job we hardly had time as a family, never mind looking after our own house and garden, if the FS and meetings where cut down and more emphasise were given to helping those in the congregation with physical help everyone would have more time AND the love would grow, err maybe not.!

I was as guilty as the next person, FS was the priority. Shame on me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit