Napoleon Dynamite = CRAP!

by sonnyboy 101 Replies latest social entertainment

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah I hung out with the star trek nerds....one of them was a good friend and he even looked a lot like Napoleon (glasses, curley/poofy hair, overbite), but a different friend acted like him more -- and he was from Idaho too. I guess with the '80s look of the movie, it takes me back.

• oompa
    oompa

I even have Napoleon D. flip-flops. It wasn't up there with dumb and dumber or young frankenstein, but it had original humor....that van living uncle stuck in the high school football dreamworld and his cheezy business was too much.....and the booringness of some of these scenes is part of the humor...imo.........................oompa

• yumbby
    yumbby

I just know so many people/experiences that remind me of this movie. I LOVED it. I love it when she was posing Uncle Rico for his glamour shot. And his drawing was just about the best thing he ever drew. LOL. I had someone draw me one of those silly pictures in school. They took it so seriously, like they were handing me the mona lisa or something. Course, I thought it was pretty important as well at the time.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Couple of years back, my daughter had to watch this movie at school. Her teacher said it was a "cult classic". She said the teacher was using all kinds of jargon from the movie. So, you know I had to see what it was about! That movie had me rolling on the floor laughing. I thought that it was hilarious!

Vote for Pedro!

12650631.gif napoleon dynomite picture by Milkshakesrtasti

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

The scene where his brother meets his internet girlfriend all most killed me! That was so funny! And the way she had him dressed up when they were leaving together! Too funny!

"We're soul mates!"

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Sheesh, I thought I was good t bringing posts back from the dead.
    This is like a time capsule.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The movie had no story whatsoever. I mean NONE.

Everytime you watch the movie, you see more to the story than you did before. It's about getting the unexpected from people. It's a lesson in not judging people on appearance. If appearance counted for everything, Summer Wheatly would have beat Pedro for class president.

The music, the scenery, the dialogue is brilliant. All those kids who were ignored and treated as nothing in highschool, they were interesting people, too. Another statement the movie makes.

Then the movie shows you that you jump to conclusions.

Watch the movie when you are in a good mood. It might make a difference.

Andy and I had never heard of the movie and caught in it's second theatrical release. We stayed for the credits and got to see the alternative ending. "Lafawn-DUH, is the best thing that ever happened to me." It was so cute watching her giant feet play footsies under the picnic table with Kip.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Anyway, for those who liked the movie -- how do you think the characters would have gone on from when the movie ended?

• Would Lafawnduh and Kip have worked?Yes, of course. Lafawnduh was the best thing that ever happened to Kip. They would have relocated to Detroit. Kip would have revived Motown Records and drowned out all the crap hip hop they call music today.
    • What would've happened with Deb and Napoleon?They would have opened a photography, boontoggle, thrift shop. Deb would have gotten her college degree in fashion design, specializing in big sleeves, paid for with the profits from the shop. Napoleon would have gone to an agricultural college and become a dairy farmer. They would have had two kids, a boy and a girl. The girl would have looked just like Napoleon and the boy just like Deb.
    • Uncle Rico?He would have sold enough bowls to go to therapy to learn to accept his football failure. Then gone back to college and helped them win a championship game.
    • What would Pedro have done as president?He would have put Saints in the school. He would have helped turn the social cligues upside down in the school and went on to become a congressman for Idaho. After his hair grew back of course.

I like how the movie ends at that one moment, leaving the rest to the imagination. Too bad they didn't make a sequel (or is that a good thing?).

Leo, did you see the alternative ending. I wish they would make a sequel. I think the writer is clever enough to make it just as wonderful as the first movie.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It wasn't up there with dumb and dumber or young frankenstein,

Oh, I don't know. I think it ranks right up there. I saw the scene from the Cable Guy today, the karaoke scene. That's one funny scene. I love Young Frankenstein. Dumb and Dumber isn't quite my cup of tea. It was okay, but to me doesn't hold a candle to ND.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

FlyingHighNow....Spot on analysis of the movie, I couldn't agree more. It's a film that gives and continues giving on rewatching. And what you said about the moral of movie, to not judge by appearances, can be applied exactly to the movie itself -- which I think was made to look plain and simple on purpose.

So the actor who played Uncle Rico, John Gries, would have been 25 years old in 1982! Hmmmmm, makes you wonder if he already tried another time machine and spent a number of years "living in the past", he looks older than he should be. ;)

So I guess I should get the DVD? I didn't know there was an alternative ending (don't spoil me).

P.S. I got to sleep last night finally but woke up with a raging headache. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit