Napoleon Dynamite = CRAP!

by sonnyboy 101 Replies latest social entertainment

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

My GAWD. I noticed that the movie got decent reviews and I didn't really hear anything bad about it, so I gave it a chance on HBO tonight.

These stupid ass reviewers got duped. They got TRICKED into thinking they were watching something so 'different' and 'unique', when in reality they were watching nonsensical garbage that should never have been put on ANY screen, yet alone the big one. It was simply about following around some hideous geek and showing his daily activities, which can only be described as BORING AS HELL. He had the personality and spunk of a grapefruit, as did 90% of the other 'characters'. Nothing, I mean NOTHING, was funny about anything that he did. Stoner humor is usually funny, but this blatant geek humor was WAY off the mark. He appeared to be more retarded than geeky.

The movie had no story whatsoever. I mean NONE. They could used Seinfeld's slogan and actually meant it. What points that could be considered as plots were merely small events in his life, like everything else, and didn't develop at all as a plot should. The characters were so ****ing dull that my eyelids could barely stay up, and the 'jokes', if you can call them jokes, can only be described as lame. No fancy, descriptive words are needed. I SO wanted to like this movie since I'm a huge comedy fan. Every time I thought a punchline was about to emerge, the scene would end and I'd be left thinking, "WTF was that? Who wrote this script?"

Unless you're looking for a quick way to fall asleep, please don't bother watching this crap. I'm so pissed that I spent nearly 2 hours waiting for some type of plot to emerge that I feel like puking.

• FMZ
    FMZ

I laughed so hard at this movie, it was awesome. It was the funniest, most original comedy I have seen in a looong time. Great stuff. Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much dude.

FMZ

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I envy you, sphere. I was really expecting it to tickle my funnybone, but it did absolubely nothing for me. I think I laughed ONE time during the entire film, and the laugh wasn't even good enough for me to remember which scene it was.

I was really expecting to laugh during the much-publicized "Sweet Jumps" scene. What happened? Next to nothing. It was nothing more than a repeate of the commercials and then it was over. Maybe if Nappy would have fell on his face or skid down the street I may have chuckeled a little.

This scene along with the entire movie was not what I was expecting.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm jealous of you to, FMZ. This was one of those films that I was anxious to see because of all the hype.

I'd say that over 50% of my DVDs are comedies, so it's not like I don't have a sense of humor. I'm also somewhat of a geek myself from time to time (although WAY better looking than Napoleon), so why did I hate this flick so much? My little bro is a classic stoner and he didn't even laugh at it (I know it wasn't a stoner flick, but it was based on stoner humor).

• horrible life
    horrible life

HEY, ARE YOU GONNA EAT YOUR TOTS?

CAN YOU BRING ME MY CHAPSTICK?

FRICKEN IDIOT!

COME HERE TINA, YOU FAT LARD, COME GET SOME DINNER!

• FMZ
    FMZ

HA, forgot I took this pic the other day. It's a shirt I found at Kohls, I laughed my ass off...

FMZ

• rem
    rem

I dunno... I thought it was funny as hell.

rem

• Dustin
    Dustin

That movie was FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sonnyboy,

Fact is, I loved it too. Trust me, there is nothing missing in you're not find it funny. I laughed at the fact that somewhere along the line my thinking was as faulty as Ol' Nappy's. I don't think I was psychotic like him though. He really thought he could draw, didn't he?

You mean you wouldn't vote for Pepe?

W.Once

• Pwned
    Pwned

harold and kumar >>>> N.D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit