Napoleon Dynamite = CRAP!

by sonnyboy 101 Replies latest social entertainment

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just read this great analysis of the movie yesterday:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/board/flat/129459493

One thing I love about the movie is the retro feel -- the '80s clothes and music, the side ponytail, top-loading VCRs (no DVDs), the cassette walkman, pay phones, the long extension cord landline, pay-by-the-minute dial-up internet, etc. It depicts really well the behind-the-times feel of the town, just as you can see Napoleon shopping in thrift stores for hand-me-downs. It's not a place that keeps up with fashion and tech trends.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wow, I have never seen this movie!!!!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I can not understand anyone thinking this movie was anything other than a complete and utter waste of time.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Uggghhh

This movie is on TV seems like every other week and I've seen just bits and pieces but never the whole thing.

After weeks of urging from a friend, in November he gave me his copy to watch so we can discuss and have a good laugh.

It's still sitting on the table next to the tv in my bedroom. I just don't have it in me. Doesn't seem that funny to me.

Maybe it's funnier if you are stoned???

-Aude.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I think it's just a case of either you get it, or you don't.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I think it's just a case of either you get it, or you don't.

I think it's a new suit of clothes for the emperor.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Although some people are honest.

Prominent film critic Roger Ebert gave the film 1½ stars, noting that he felt that "the movie makes no attempt to make [Napoleon] likable" and that it contained "a kind of studied stupidity that sometimes passes as humor".

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This movie is awesome...definitely one of our favorites.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The first time i saw it I just hated it ,but then my kids kept repeating the catch phrases and I thought I would give it another shot . The second time I really enjoyed it and we laughed so much more when we started thinking about the fact our son had those same boots in th eighties . Then we just kept making connections from the kids childhood and the movie really grew on us .

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I loved it. I especially liked the uncle or brother-in-law????. I can't remember exactly what he was. But he was just hilarious to me. He reminded me of people that I know.

I saw this movie several years ago so it's hard for me to remember the details. We actually own the movie. My older daughter and son loved it too. Napoleon reminded me of some of my daughters friends.

I thought it was hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit