I RANG THEM!!!!!!

by Evanescence 41 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh gawd E, you are getting more and more hilarious as time goes on.

Please tell us more about the JW girl who chases the Catholic kids with knives! What's that all about? Has anyone called the police on her or what?

No I guess not considering i'm a child myself!
    It was at that point, according to JW rules, that the JW should have ended the conversation and asked to speak with your parents. They are supposed to not interfere with religious upbringing of minors. According to their beliefs, your eternal fate currently depends totally upon what your parents do. If they become JWs, boom, you're goin to Paradise. If not, well, you know...let's just say there will be real vultures involved...and once you become "adult" then the responsibility becomes yours. They believe it is the parents' responsibility to teach their kids religion and they are NOT supposed to teach other people's kids.
  • Legolas
    Legolas

I might have missed it .........but why did it cost you $10.00? Did you phone long distance or local?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Very interesting post. Thank you for sharing.

It is interesting the assumptions (or should I say, naivety [sp?]) of the Male voice: you simply asked for more information about their doctrines, and he immediately assumed you wanted to convert and he wanted to assist you to convert.

What hubris! What conceit!

Imagine if you had called up some company and said you wanted more information about their business. They would patch you through to the public affairs office and give you the info. I doubt they would assume you are either (a) looking to work at the company or (b) looking to purchase the company. True, those could be the reasons for the call, but you could also be a student working on a project... which of course, you are. A professional would have asked why you want to know so they could answer appropriately (or perhaps so they could apply appropriate spin, but either way, they would likely ask).

Seriously, how ridiculous does this sound:

Imagine phoning IBM and asking them for "more information about their business, culture, and organization."

Male voice: "Well, IBM has the BEST computers in the WORLD!!! All those other computer companies don't have true computing power; their results are incorrect. But IBM is the BEST! Can you come down to the office here and fill out an application? Did you know we have the BEST retirement plan? Don't you want to retire in comfort? Well IBM is the only place you can do that"

Evanescence: "Um, I just wanted to know about how your departments are organized, for my business class report."

Male voice (totally missing the point): "Well, can I call you at home? [to a 15 y.o. girl???!!!???] Do you know any IBM employees that can get you a job application? Would you like to read our stock prospectus? How much money were you thinking of investing? Class A or Class B shares? Did I mention the retirement fund?"

• delilah
    delilah

Evanescence, it cost you $10 to listen to him ramble, can you imagine how much of your time he'd waste, if he was at your door????? You'd never get rid of him.....You did well kid.....

Delilah

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    It was at that point, according to JW rules, that the JW should have ended the conversation and asked to speak with your parents. They are supposed to not interfere with religious upbringing of minors. According to their beliefs, your eternal fate currently depends totally upon what your parents do. If they become JWs, boom, you're goin to Paradise. If not, well, you know...let's just say there will be real vultures involved...and once you become "adult" then the responsibility becomes yours. They believe it is the parents' responsibility to teach their kids religion and they are NOT supposed to teach other people's kids

que??

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    like advertising sweet chocolate on T.V!

Actually, more like that really great looking hamberger on TV and when you buy it, the bun is smushed, the burger is cardboard, and the lettuce and other veggies are wilted. "Ah, can I have my money back, please?"

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Imagine if you had called up some company and said you wanted more information about their business.

Remember the telephone longdistance slam-dunks of a few years ago? The longdistance carrier would call up and ask questions that prompted replies that they took as permission to change your longdistance carrier - to them!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lets see............the guy will be able to count the time.......AND in his next talk or service meeting arrangement will mention that an interested teen will be giving a " positive witness" at catholic school by doing a report at school based on his kind information he gave over the phone.. lol

you made that fellas day!

• Mary
    Mary

Me: uhhmm I don't know Mary doesn't like us (she also chases after students with knifes!)

Oh great.......now my secret is out!!! Thanks A LOT!!

• delilah
    delilah

MARY.....You're a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Girl.....honestly, and I thought I knew you.

Delilah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit