Anti-Witnessesing: Passive Agressive Style Effective for Quotes

by Quotes 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

What a lesson in restraint! Excellent job! carla

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The passive agressive style is the best way I find. Good show ol' boy!

Oh, that's good, we don't want any dishonest... [cutting herself off]

What she might of be trying to say was "Oh, that's food, we don't want any dishonest people joining". After all its a recruiting campain.

steve

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Nice job, Quotes!!

It's inspiring to me, actually.....the few times they've come to my door I've taken the "not interested" tack...but I think I'll try this sort of approach next time.

Keep up the good work.

---Dan

• Bryan
    Bryan

Very good action Quotes!

Poor little sister probably won't return... you'd be too hard to assimulate!

Take care,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Quotes
    Quotes

(Quotes awakes to find he has been socially validated, and has a warm fuzzy feeling in his belly)

Thanks everybody! I guess from my experience you can see that you don't have to know much about JWs mythology and problems in order to engage a JW; you just need to be reasonably skeptical and use common sense.

I forgot to add in my initial post: when she was speaking about the bible, I asked if I could see hers for a second because I had a question for her (remember I told her I knew a few things about the bible). First, I asked her if she/her religion held that Moses wrote the first five books of the bible; she agreed that was so. I turned to the last paragraphs of Deuteronomy, where the write (supposedly Moses) speaks in the third person, about how old Moses was (past tense) and where Moses was (past tense) when he died. I said it is unlikely that Moses wrote this himself; she said something about being inspired by god; I said (smiling and in a friendly way!!!) that I hope that isn't true, I think it would be cruel and unusual for god to tell Moses to write about the time and location of his own death! Naturally, she changed the subject and spoke about Moses couldn't enter the promised land because of his pride when he produced water from the rock. I caught her on this one and I steered us back to the subject at hand, saying, "Yes, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about: how does this writing supposedly by Moses speak in the past tense about Moses death? (smile, smile, smile)"

stevenyc: I agree, she definately was, I think, about to say "... people", like we don't want (for our cult club) dishonest people, we want honest people only! (heh heh heh, perhaps because JWs can train them to be dishonest, so want to start with a blank slate.

Littletoe: glad you took no offence. You are a champ, and gentleman, and a scholar.

cruzanheart and Doubtfully Yours: I agree with cruzanheart on this one; I don't think her apostate warning went off. Mostly because I never once questioned the authority of the WTS. I was merely asking hard-hitting questions about either the bible, or what she stated HER beliefs were.

kwintestal and PaNiCAtTaCk: I have already used my amazing powers of prediction and said to my wife: "I'll bet that next time she comes back with a man. I'm certain of it." If it happens, I'll be one-for-one in my ability to tell the future. Maybe I can write a bible chapter? ;)

rebel8: Yes, my dad knows about the Quotes site. You can read about our "discussion" here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/78073/1.ashx

Scully: Yup, my hopping around must really be a curve ball for them. Rest assured, that even assuming the few details I gave above are accurate (as accurate as any measurement of the Pyramid of Gizeh, anyway) and assuming I didn't change the name of the "Sisters", then that narrows it down to an area with probably half the population of Canada. Heh heh heh. You hear that Shane Brady and Glen How? I'm hiding in plain site. And you'll never know where! Better to just cancel door-to-door witnesses throughout Ontario; it's just too risky!

damselfly: If you did meet someone like me in service, I probably would have tried the old "open bath robe trick" on you.

To everyone else: thanks for your input. I'm glad you enjoyed.

~Quotes, of the "Passive Aggressive" class

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Bravo Quotes!

I had a very similar experience about a week ago. Since leaving the JW's I too have approached the Bible with a healthy bit of skepticism. Although my discussion with them was somewhat different, (I focused on the cruelty/injustice displayed in the OT conquest of the promised land), my treatment of the JW's was similar to yours. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/94645/1.ashx I was very respectful, yet "called them out" as whenever they made a giant logical leap, wild speculation or a dogmatic generalization. They too promised to return with answers. I believe these are precisely the areas that a JW needs to question if they have any chance of breaking through the thought-suppressive, indoctrination regimen that reinforces their mentality on a regular basis. I am genuinely curious how a JW would process - if pressed - some very confounding questions about the Bible. As long as you do not appear too intimately informed about them, they will entertain a conversation with you.

I know for myself, it was a single elementary question that led me out of the group - "was it God, or man directing them". Examining their history and beliefs with that question in mind was all it took!

Good job, I hope they return. My folks have not returned after one week. Oh well maybe soon.

-FW

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Excellent post! Don't think I have the patience to do that if they come to my door though.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Quotes: You rock! Thanks for making my day.

• Quotes
    Quotes

FreeWilly, I remember reading your post of your encounter. Good job! Their old testament god was/is a cruel, killing, uncompassionate ethnic cleanser.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Good Morning Quotes:

Love your style....passive-aggressive anti-witnessing. You certainly got a lot further than if you had used the " I used to be a JW and have learned a lot about the many errors and mistakes in the organization. Let me tell you about the UN/NGO fiasco and the pedophiles and the blood issue and the....oh ...you have to leave? Hope you come back again" approach.

Your questions were spot-on, posed at the ideal place and in a believable manner. I hope she lets those little seeds germinate. When I encountered questions like that, they just festered in me for a long time, but I chose not to dwell on them and hoped I wouldn't have to face those questions again from people. I hated not being able to answer them when I "knew we were the only true religion".

Dana knew she was talking to an apostate. JWs get enough training to understand where the person at the door is coming from. By your comments at the door, she must've understood you had some prior JW knowledge and now have turned against it.

Sorry DY...I don't buy that. There are intelligent thinkers "out there in the world" who, if they had the time and interest in debating, would ask the questions Quotes asked. He asked them in a non-confrontational way and I think it came across as someone who actually used his brain in analyzing the JW's statements. I've talked to people like that at the door and had casual conversations with non-JW work-friends before and had similar questions posed to me. I couldn't answer them any better than that JW could because there are no reasonable JW answers.

If she's a good, well-trained JW, you should not be seeing her ever again. Unless of course she's back with a much more knowledgeable JW (elder or CO type).

I think that if you don't see her again, it will only be because she knows she can't answer a thinking-person's type of questions....and yes she may try the returning with a more knowledgeable, qualified, elder penis person routine, (I love that label) as that is how she is trained to think. Whatever the case, I hope you get another stab at it...even if you have to take up temporary residence at your investment property just to make sure you don't miss them.

Keep up the warfare Quotes.

Had Enough (of the firm believer in the passive agressive style class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit