Anti-Witnessesing: Passive Agressive Style Effective for Quotes

by Quotes 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chrissy
    chrissy

That was some visit, quotes. Yes, if only she knew who she was working with, apostate number one, she probably would not have made her mother, (who must have been patiently thinking to herself in Italian, "woe, this man have lots of question") shift through all of that passive aggressiveness.

Sort of inspiring to engage in a little down-low anti-witnessing. I wonder why I have not encountered a jw in over five years. Sure I've moved some, but I thought this good news was suppose to be preached in all corners of the earth until the time of the end.

I was surprised to hear she did not identify herself as a "jw" but simply referred to the wts. When I was a jw I never mentioned the wts as an i.d. in FS simply because it seemed to represent the org and not the god. I also was aware apostates/nonbelievers referred to it as 'the watchtower,' further keeping me from exclusive use of the label to avoid that "misconception" that we were puppets on a string. lol. Anyway, thats just interesting. Thanks for sharing the details.

Chrissy

• Scully
    Scully

A riddle:

How do Glen How and Shane Brady deal with Quotes and his passive-aggressive anti-witnessing style?
    A: Depends. (and a little extra cinnamon sugar on the donuts, Shane.)

• kazar
    kazar

Ya dun good, Quotes!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Good job Quotes. One of the most disconcerting calls I ever made as a Dub, was when the householder disagreed that times were getting worse. When she said that things were actually getting better, I didn't know what to say.

Cellist

• AlanF
    AlanF

Excellent, Quotes!

If they do show up again, you might argue with respect to the "circle of the earth" business the following way:

Ask her if she thinks a pizza pie and a beach ball have the same shape. Obviously she'll have no choice but to answer No. If she persists in saying that both are round, ask her how she would describe to a child how to make meatballs. Would she say, "roll the meat into a circle"? Or "roll the meat into a ball"? This can go in obvious directions once she commits herself.

If she agrees that a pizza and a beach ball have different shapes, then point out what Isaiah 40:22 actually says: that God is "One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell." Next point out the mental image presented in the passage: if the earth has a pizza pie shape, then the image of God sitting high above it, spreading out the heavens like a tent cover, makes perfect sense. But try to picture spreading a tent cover over a ball-shaped earth. It can't be done. Where would the edges of the tent be? This also can go in obvious directions.

Finally point out the passages in Daniel and Matthew that clearly indicate that the writer had in mind a flat earth:

Daniel 4:10-11 describes Nebuchadnezzar's dream:

Now the visions of my head upon my bed I happened to be beholding, and, look! a tree in the midst of the earth, the height of which was immense. The tree grew up and became strong, and its very height finally reached the heavens, and it was visible to the extremity of the whole earth.

The image is of a huge tree standing in the middle of a flat, circular earth. This is consistent with the "circle of the earth" shape mentioned in Isaiah. Obviously, no matter how high a tree is, it can't be visible "to the extremity of the whole earth" if it's ball-shaped, so the Daniel passage conflicts with an image of a ball-shaped earth.

Next point to Matthew 4:8, which says about Jesus:

Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

Again the picture is that all the kingdoms of the world could be viewed from a sufficiently high mountain, which is not possible on a ball-shaped earth. If this were not the intended picture, then why was it used?

The simple fact is that every word picture given in the Bible about the shape of the earth points to a flat, circular shape, like a pizza pie. Not a single passage gives the impression of a ball-shaped earth.

AlanF

• damselfly
    damselfly

damselfly: If you did meet someone like me in service, I probably would have tried the old "open bath robe trick" on you. This makes me even more glad that I never called on you!

I love your site by the way! I found it and this board on the same day. Proof there are good people in this world.

Damselfly

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Awesome anti-witness.

cj

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Quotes:

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Second try:

Quotes, please post a link to your site. Your quotes would be of great value in my own attempts to deal with JW family.

Thanks,

Susan

• Poztate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit