Did You Usually Feel Guilty While A JW?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

RENEEF----WELCOME!!!!!!!!

• YourFaith
    YourFaith

I felt constantly guilty. I felt guilty for hating/missing meetings and service. I've been out for 5 years and feel guilty once in a while, but very minor. It's unbelievable now that I think about it; what control they had over my life. The fear I felt as a kid growing up; hanging out with "worldy" people. I remember one time hanging out with some other kids from the neighborhood when I was in grade school. I was scared the entire time that I would be disciplined. I remember constantly explaining why I couldn't hang out after school or go to friend's birthday parties all through school; that is something no child of mine will ever go through. There were good aspects of being raised as a Witness. We kept out of a drugs and violence. Our parents were great and love us very much. The emotional scars remain. Quote: "Rhetoric and hypocrisy are evident. What savior can I pray to for recompense?"

• kls
    kls

Hey YourFaith welcome ,and from Wisconsin to i like you already

• JH
    JH

Yes, the guilt of not doing enough.

I never did enough.

Now I'm doing nothing.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I felt guilty for not believing what I was told. As well as guilt over knowing that my family would be crushed when I left it.

Damselfly

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

I used to feel guilty that I was a NORMAL teenage male everytime my NATURAL HEALTHY SEXUAL urges came raging over me. God I hate guilt. I have done everything possible to remove the G word from my vocabulary and life since being influenced by those manipulating self serving idiots. There bad advice has caused much depression and suicide amongst the younger ones over the years .... Bitter who me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit