Did You Usually Feel Guilty While A JW?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

I actually tried to buy off some of the guilt of those unwholsome sexual urges by fueling more money into the contribution box. Never late for early morning witnessing. Guilt, the gift that keeps on trippin

• minimus
    minimus

Why did I feel no guilt whatsover for leaving ? I wasn't guilty about anything else unless it was about putting in more visible time in service so as not to stumble anyone.

• Dustin
    Dustin

It took me a long time to get over some of my feelings of guilt. I'm just glad they are mostly gone now.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I'm just glad they are mostly gone now.

Big word

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Guilt was the only thing that kept me in. Guilt from my mother. She guilted me to the point that I was in so long I began to make deep friendships with others in the congregation.

When I began having questions about being a JW, guilt about being prideful, arrogant, and a faultfinder kept me from researching my doubts all the way through.

It is guilt today that is keeping me from finally revealing how I feel to my wife.

I identify the guilt in almost all the literature all the time now. I have an inner guilt-detector built in now .... but I still let it have some control over me dammit.

-ithinkisee

• undercover
    undercover
    Why did I feel no guilt whatsover for leaving ?

[lou costello voice]Cause you're a baaddd man[lou costello voice]

• bennyk
    bennyk

At some point in time, I began to feel guilty because I'd not yet left the apostate WTS. I got over it after I finally left.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I dont feel guilty about most of it anymore but a few yrs ago... I was a walking guilt factory. Now I just feel guilty about lying to my family about how I really feel.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The Fear Inspiring Day of Jehooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovah!

Sorry Min. I was channeling Freddie for a moment.

• luna2
    luna2

Sure. I felt guilty and inadequate in every way...which is exactly what the WTS seems to be shooting for. They want all their little drones to feel guilty and obligated. Pisses me off that I let myself be manipulated like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit