Did You Usually Feel Guilty While A JW?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Ive lived my whole life feeling guilty, and it hasnt stopped now

• Sassy
    Sassy

let it go Vitty! The only guilt I allow myself now is being sorry that I raised my kids at dubs while they were young and that they too didn't get to have a normal childhood

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I identify the guilt in almost all the literature all the time now. I have an inner guilt-detector built in now

I can read through all the shoulda' beens and oughtta do's in most of the literature as well. It's almost sad to see how so many are locked within a psychological concentration camp.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

24/7

Shortly after I left the borg I still had pangs of guilt when I indulged in naughtiness.

It really takes a long time to get over that.

DL76

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I only felt guilty when I had doubts about what I was doing, I felt more guilt in the first year or so after leaving, but that's faded now

• Mulan
    Mulan

I usually felt guilty over something..........not going out in service, not getting to a meeting when the baby was sick, not pioneering, not auxiliary pioneering, etc. Then when I was a pioneer, I felt guilty for not doing more. When I had to quit, for health reasons, I felt guilty and made it a goal to get back to pioneering. Somewhere along that timeline, I got the real truth, thankfully.

I let go of all guilt..............amazing feeling.

• vitty
    vitty

I was caught short while posting, my daughter phoned me, ahhhhhhh guilt.

Sassy my main feeling of guilt is that my daughter is still in and my kids missed a childhood they deserved

Sometimes my husband asks me when he gets home "what have you been feeling guilty about today" Its a standing joke

• delilah
    delilah

GUILT, is the main reason I finally left the Borg. Every meeting made me feel even MORE guilty, that I wasn't doing enough .....of anything.....I was beginning to feel lower than pond scum, and starting to feel really depressed about it. So, I decided it was time to cut my losses and get the hang outta that religion. IT wasn't good enough for me....however it took me a couple of years to get over the guilt of leaving, and worrying about whether or not my kids were going to die at the big "A".....rubbish....

Delilah (of the "SHAME ON THEM " class)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Minimus my 70 year old mother is the exact same as your dear mom. She feels quilty for everything in life. Not getting to meeting, not getting out in service , not getting enough hours, It was enough to drive one insane. Why couldn't she see that God doesn't want people to feel quilty. Its the WTS that makes them feel that way.

I mean my mother is sick all the time , she has to have a minor operation every three months and that has been going on for over 20 years because she has Inner cystial cystitis. A very very painful condition. She needs to have her bladder stretched. She has had so many of these procedures and yet she feels quilty for even being in the hospital a day and not in the service or at a meeting. She feels quilty about this and that and it makes me ill that an organization can do that to people. I have told her that God is understanding and doesn't expect you do go out when your ill. I once told her she was trying to act like a martyr and you should have heard the lecture I got for saying that to her. I know she is not a happy JW. There are thousands that are not happy as witnesses.

It is truly pitiful. I too was made to feel quilty because she was famous at giving me these quilt trips because I wasn't doing enough in the truth. I have absoultely no quilt any more.

Vitty don't allow yourself to feel quilty about everything. That takes away from the joy of living. And life has so much to give us in return.

God is not a tyrant. I think it is a form of abuse used by the Organization to keep people going out in the service, meetings and what ever else they impose upon the lives of Witnesses.

Free at last and not feeling quilty in Canada.

love Orangefatcat...

• eljefe
    eljefe

JW's are based on guilt. Therefore, EVERYONE should have felt guilty or at least had a guilt trip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit