World War III - Has It Started?

by truthseeker 44 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Pole, I really have no other words to descrie it. What do you call it when a group of terrorists attack many countries and their institutions at the same time?

A European War? A Middle East War? Or a World War?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The jihad fighters are obviously not people dressed in the strange arabic gear or operating from distant caves they are people dressed like us and working among us. Some are British Moslems that went to Pakistan to train as jihad warriors and came back to strike.

But there aren't enough of them to really talk of a real war. Perhaps their main weapon is fear they have lots of people willing to act as suicide bombers (kamikazis) and you don't know where they will strike next.

• Pole
    Pole

truthseeker,

I only have problems with the term "WAR", because of the way it has been abused by Bush and his allies. What's a war in a non-metaphorical, literal sense?

As far as I know the recent attacks in London were carried out by men who were born in Britain and spent their most of their lives. Who's fighting whom? Why? In a traditional war you have countries on both sides. Here we don't even know what the term "Al-Qaida" means exactly.

I know innocent people die, but the kind of solutions political leaders have at the moment (like labelling the whole thing a war which started on 9/11) are very difficult to trust as a real cure to this disease.

Isn't it more like a disease? Metaphorically speaking this time ;-).

Pole

• Mary
    Mary
    Is what is happening today fulfilling Bible prophecy, or is there another sinister reason for all this bloodshed.

If it was fulfilling Bible prophecy, then why isn't there some hint in the bible that it would come from Islam? It doesn't. We've tried pinpointing the King of the North as everyone from Germany to Russia to Santa Claus and the King of the South as either the United States or Elvis.........until 9-11, not once did I ever hear any religious group (and that includes the psycho-ramblings of the so-called 'prophecies' of Nostradamus), suggest or even hint that Islam would play a major part in fulfilling bible prophecy.

A prophecy is something that is supposed to tell you what's going to happen before it happens. If you can only identify it after the fact, then it wasn't much of a prophecy to begin with.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This has come down to a war of ideas, each one trying to destroy the others.

The question is: Which idea will prevail, or will this war of ideas continue indefinably, constantly changing and evolving as new ideas appear? Something tells me that the diverse nature of humans and our desire to be free will result in the latter.

• Frog
    Frog

Oh, I thought you said Star Wars 111, yes that started months ago!!

Did you know that during the 20th century there were only 3weeks of real peace with no wars being fought anywhere in the world?

It would be a death wish for any further countries who accepted to join the 'coalition of the willing' against this ever changing abstract concept of terrorism.

I do not believe that humanity is stupid enough not to learn from it's mistakes and bring the evil bloodshed of the C20th century into the same scale in the C21st.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would not call the current conditions World War III.

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

Every world war is unlike the previous one.

Convenient that.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I think this is a world war of sorts in that there are several countries in the sights of Islamic terrorists. The problem as far as I see it is an underlying concept of Islam which th eearly christian crusaders thought acceptable - the idea that you can force conversion - let me exlain. As a missionary I was talking to a muslim guy about the spread of Islam and he pointed out that eventually they will rise up and impose it when they are strong enough - I said at that point I'd have to fight him and he said that is a Jihad that he and his friends were looking forward to. Now I don't think he talks for all muslims but I think there is a popular feeling amongst many young muslims that this anti-western Jihad is their war. Just to site another example that had me fairly stunned - we have a couple of muslim guys at work who were defending the terrorists of 9/11 and one was actually smiling about it - he was chuffed by this strike by his 'brothers.' I was also a bit suspicious when the other one took a 6 month sabbatical to go to Pakistan and came back spouting shed loads of Koranic phrases. I think that most muslims are not war loving psycopaths but I think there are an awful lot of young men who haven't grown up yet who think this is a war that they are part of and they probably sit next to you and I every day. There is a wider issue of importing these people and their culture via immiration. Enoch Powell was right when he talked about rivers of blood caused by immigrant populations. We now have large areas of the UK that have become crime ridden asian ghettos - even where I live there are three streets that are nicknamed little asia and have become no go areas for white people at night. There is a sad pattern that asian - normally muslim families buy up houses in the same street and force out the other residents and lower the property prices. They also do not in general look after the properties and you end up with gangs roaming derelict areas. My wife was abused by one of those gangs this week who dented her car and called her a 'white, f**** cow.' The local school is constantly warning parents to stop parking and driving illegally around the school and it is always the same minority of asians who do it - my wife and I sit absolutely flabbergasted by their disregard for others - they even ignore the police!!! I am getting increasingly racist with regard to the muslim community because in my experience they are bad neighbours, their young men are often radical without really believeing (they'll go drinking, smoking, drug dealing but they'll all be at the mosque for their weekly fill up.) Yes I am putting forward highly incorrect political views but when 'they' set of nukes and bio weapons - and 'they' will - the time for being polite and ever so understanding will be over. Radical muslims are a canker on our society.

• troucul
    troucul

Don't let FOX news fool you. The sky is NOT falling.

As far as Jihad, it does not exist. There is no such thing as Jihad. These no-talent ass clowns are in it for the money, that is it. It is that simple. How do I know? Look at the flag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit